• pic23.JPG
    pic23.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 14,763

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Had every intention to detect (MORE PICS)

Wow!! This is all very interesting. I live in the Dayton, Ohio area and we have the National Museum of the United States Air Force here. I would think they would be very interested in a lot of the things about airplanes and the Pearl Harbour stuff. They have exhibits for every era of flight beginning with the Wright Brothers, WWI, WWII, etc. They have personal exhibits of People who flew, too. Just a thought.

Look forward to more pics.

Cheryl

dandan

Feb 24, 2006

Just INCREDIBLE! I'd be awol for a month going through that stuff! I think you're on the right track with your plans for this rare piece of American history!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cheryl, did you notice Cecelia Earhart was from Toledo, Ohio? So was this flyer and he is in the photo with Cecelia and her plane. Most of the other pics are basically the same subject matter. I'm trying to find someone in town that can make prints from the negatives I have. There are also a bunch of slides, most of them in color, that I have to go through. Some look meaningless but that's what I thought about Cecelia's plane in flight. It just looked like a plane pic until I saw the picture of her standing next to it in the newspaper clipping. Then it turned out to be the same plane in the group photo.
Here's the clown getting his butt kicked

Attachments

• pic24.JPG
    pic24.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 14,574
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bottom line here is the $80 storage fee was up the day I went here. The guy that was paying the storage bill wasn't going to pay it anymore and was going to take it all to the dump as he had to get back to Arizona and didn't have time to mess with it........sheeeeesh!!!!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Really Nice, I like the old pictures! The outline of the hands was nice...That was something they left behind for use to look at many years later!
great!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

love those old black and whites!!awesome

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Packerbacker, yep I did notice. Wow! The flier is from Toledo,too, that's cool.

Rodeo clowns have a tough job.

Cheryl

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

I would love to see the one of Roosevelt fishing. I am a fishing guide and would like to have a copy of it if that is possible.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry swinging....the envelope holding the negatives said "Roosevelt fishing" so I thought that's what they were. There aren't any of him actually fishing. He appears to be on a boat but all you can see is the bulkhead behind him and he is standing at the rail. There is canvas tied beneath the rail. When I find someone to print them I'll post it and you can let me know if you're still interested. It's a closeup so you can't really tell he's on a boat if you didn't recognize the rail as being "nautical". I was also disappointed. I fish a lot myself. I'm going back to Alaska in July to halibut fish out of Homer. Love that place.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

packerbacker said:
Thanks again for the replies. dg39, I have someone scanning some aircraft post cards and saving them to disc. When I get them, I'll email you.
Here are some of the Pearl Harbor pics
Words can't express the historic value of your finds. Place them in a museum near you on loan so others can see them. I would be thankful for anything you could send me copy wise.
Thanks for having the intrest to take the time to show them!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• BOMBERS ON RUNWAY 001.jpg
    BOMBERS ON RUNWAY 001.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 14,202
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As soon as I can I'm going to post the pics of the flight crews that are standing by planes that show tail numbers. I'm going to solicit Realdes help in locating people. I know for a fact that some of these pics are the last, or nearly the last, photos these guys ever posed for.

Hello,
I am amazed at the pics you found... I worked for a company that restored antique airplanes....I even got to copilot a T-34.. How cool is that.. well anyway,, that started my love for vintage aircrafts.. Your pics are awesome.. congrats on the finds!! I would love to see more....

M

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for sharing with us. Good luck. Tsgman

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hope I made this pic small enough. Found a penny blank. It has a rim but nothing else. Would it be an error or something done after minting? It was also in this stuff.

Attachments

• penny2.jpg
    penny2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14,036

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From my experience, penny blanks are not to common and bring 3.00 to 5.00 at most. They are more an oddity. :-\

Now if the silver is sterling, you have a few dollars in that tray and other items. trays in good condition, Sterling, sell for a hefty price. :o

What is that bowl and other items..?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The bowl etc. were all silver items that were in the storage locker. Most of it is plated but the big plate in the back is very heavy. Don't know if it's solid or not. dg39, your stuff went out in the mail today. Should get it by Tues.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is a pic of the painting of the flyer. I'm having trouble sizing stuff.

Attachments

• painting.jpg
    painting.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 14,275

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread