watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, at least you got out and had some fun. . . that's the important thing :thumbsup:
Sandy areas (as seen in your video) can tough to hunt. . . many targets can get buried deep really fast especially
during flood conditions.

However, you did make a few recoveries so all is not lost. As they say in real estate, location, location, location.

I wish you all the best in your next hunt!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. The sector I brought (compadre) had a small coil, & I was in a large area. After about 2 hours, I wondered what the hell I was thinking. However, I did have fun, & my twins had an even better time. They would pick up beer bottle caps & say "here's a penny mommy"...pretty cute...& of course I had to save them! Good luck to you too!

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turn your iphone to the side and you will get a wide view video instead of the narrow view, just an FYI!

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@hnd....thank you! Yeah, that video sucked!

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no it didn't sucks, but i think you will be a lot happier with a wide view, i took all mine with the narrow view like that for some time until i learned it took the wide view as well! It might just be a personal preference but they are easier to watch i guess with a full screen. GL and HH!

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to get down to the edge of the river where the water washes the loose sand away and the heaver stuff stays. Just like sluice box.

don't give up :hello:

jonnie

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@HND.....my next one will be better!!

@jonnie...oh, no giving up here, as a matter of fact, getting ready to head out & see what today brings! I kind of figured out yesterday that if I'm going to detect a big area like I did, I need a bigger coil. I have this compadre & a piece of a bounty hunter...lol...the piece was my first detector.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How big is the coil, icandy. 8 inches is pretty much standard. A larger coil, in the 12 to 14 inch range is ok but 8 inches is normal. Measure across using a ruler.... the diameter, and tell us what it is. TTC

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello just wondering who was useing the garretts detector?
Donj.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye! That's my dads, it's a freedom 2 or something like that. Not quite sure how to use that one. It's got a dual coil

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a ....Garrett Freedom 2 ... I used in the 80's & 90's .... I found most of my good finds with it .. I have a friend that still uses the Freedom 2..........There was the freedom 2 coin commander the freedom 2 plus and the freedom 3 and they were all about the same ........ Sort of like the Sovereign & explorer all the same but not much different........

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKiQE58KD+mO4BOmmRuRzQQ~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKiQE58KD+mO4BOmmRuRzQQ~~60_12.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 395

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread