Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been super busy with this move and am finally actually living in the "new" house. one of the last things to move over here was my 17' boat. As I pulled it out onto the highway (scary place to pull out) I felt a big jerk and saw a trailer wheel go flying by. I managed to get the boat o across the highway onto someones driveway and out of the way before we got hit. This is a terrible location as people come flying down the mountain northbound and have another small one to climb past this spot. Southbound people are flying to build up speed to get up the bigger mountain so it can be very dangerous (We won't miss this at all!). Anyways, had a car hauler come load the boat and trailer so it is home now. will cost another axle $100 plus as well as another tire. Could have been worse, could have been a 100 miles from home or going 65 mph when it happened so I feel very blessed in that sense. The new house is wonderful but it will be a while before we get everything sorted out and found. I have been looking for several things for two weeks now and don't know where they can possibly be. The worst part has been the nightmare just trying to get the internet service reconnected at the house (I ended up going up to my father's new house to use his service to make this post.) Things are slowly looking like the house is becoming our home but there is so much yet to do. I did see some elderly guy out metal detecting the other day in town and it actually made me jealous but as I went by, I could see that the ground he was trying to dig was like rock LOL. I do know where most of my detecting stuff is but it will have to wait for a while. The other good thing about the axle break was the boat survived the whole deal with no problems that I can see, the prop and lower unit look great. Yep, still a very blessed man.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Looter, as bad as it was, it could've been much worse, as you said. Your new place is awesome and after the dust settles, you'll be able to take a deep sigh of relief, grab your gear and go detecting. As of the last couple months, I've started on a new venture with a great Father and son team working on vintage Harleys, Triumphs, BSA's, Indians etc...We've secured a nice building downtown and are in the process of moving equipment, tools, machinery, parts and bikes, stuff that they've collected for over 40 years. Yep, right smack dab in my favorite detecting time of the year...but this too shall pass, when the smoke clears well both be much better off than we were, nothing good comes easily. Good luck with everything! Ddf.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We brought our 3,200 lb/24 ft sailboat up from the Chesapeake and, turning into our driveway(!) one of the spindles on the end of the forward axle snapped off. It had two axles, but the suspension balanced between front & rear on each side and with one gone the other wheel jammed up into the fender and bent it up into a wood bunk. So, effectively becoming a brake.

Had this happened on I-95 (or 295 around Philadelphia) where we were pokin along at 75 mph and having folks pull in ahead if I left two car-lengths ahead of us open it would have been very, very bad.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with everything the good thing is you have a boat and a trailer to break down more than a lot of us can say lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread