beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I visited a nice elderly woman who has a LOT of cats at her house. There are 6 kittens two of which took an interest in metal detecting and followed me all over her yard.

helpers.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The cat's were probably figuring that they shouldn't bother to go through all that trouble burying cat poo if you were going to go through all that trouble to dig it right back up...

I hope you found some catistrophicly great stuff!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My black lab ALWAYS goes with me MDing around here. Come to think of it she follows me EVERYWHERE... even to the back of wet deep cave. Anyway... every time I start to dig a hole she has to get right in the hole with me. At first it was kind of funny but now it's kind of a pain in the a**. One day I dig up a half a horseshoe and give it a fling deep into the woods. A minute later she comes carrying it back to me. Now I carry everything out!!!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool kitties !! Just last week I was hunting an old 1800's house site, at a place where there is a catfishing pay pond with a LOT of cats..and had a couple followers myself. Actually I think they were keeping an eye on me. I think they were making sure I didn't dig up a cache of gold..ddf

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caption for this one: "Hey, does that thing find mice?"

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was the strangest place I think I've ever hunted. Not because of the cats. I bought a Deus about a month ago. Since I have been using it nearly every single wheat penny hit a solid 88 TID. Any lower and it is going to be a Memorial penny. If it is jumping between 86-87-88 or 87-88 it is generally a Memorial penny. A solid 89 is nearly always a clad dime, while a solid 90 is always a silver dime (unless it's trash). Well at this place (even though the mineralization in the soil was normal for this area) every solid 88 I dug was a Memorial penny. They were even showing up when the TID was between 88-89 which amazed me. I dug 3 clad dimes that were hitting 90-91 and these should definitely have been silver. Anyway I hope this is just a one time thing or I'm gonna have some problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions