davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you guys have it rough, but today it was all of 45 degrees when we started out. Then it warmed up quite a bit. This is Fl0gator and myself on a beach in Florida. Strangely enough, he found 2.00 exactly and I found 1.96. Didn't even pay for the parking meters.

Attachments

• 1-17-09 001.jpg
    1-17-09 001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 621
  • 1-17-09 002.jpg
    1-17-09 002.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the beach sweeper went through there. Did you get down along the water line? I could really enjoy a beach about now, froze hard. HH, Mike

S

seger98

Bavaria Mike said:
Looks like the beach sweeper went through there. Did you get down along the water line? I could really enjoy a beach about now, froze hard. HH, Mike

Yeah, it sucks when they go through, might as well head back home!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
I wouldn't mind digging pulltabs and foil where you are now. It's a shame it's so cool down there, but at least you're still able to dig.

Look on the bright side, at least you're on a beautiful beach in Florida and not freezing on some prairie in South Dakota. :icon_sunny:
Mike

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it was a beach sweeper, maybe just a beach rake. Last week it was pushing 80 here and the beaches were pretty full up til Wednesday so I was surprised there wasn't any jewelery. Water temp is around 65, too cold to water walk for these old bones.

rufus3898

Aug 30, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I wish I could say I feel your pain but I had just headed out today to enjoy the balmy 10 degree day with a test run of my new Cibola. After a month solid without the mercury rising above -4 and it going down to about -40 leaving the ground frozen so hard the the manhattan project wouldn't of thawed it let alone being able to even dream of breaking the surface with a shovel. That beach would be a dream this time of year even if the finds and temp are not that great remember things could always be worse! Like the $2 or more I had to leave in the ground till spring!!!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
I know some of you guys have it rough, but today it was all of 45 degrees when we started out. Then it warmed up quite a bit. This is Fl0gator and myself on a beach in Florida. Strangely enough, he found 2.00 exactly and I found 1.96. Didn't even pay for the parking meters.
Awe.................Poor you......................Try putting up with single digit temps,and 6" - 8" of Snow..........Not to mention 6" of FROZEN GROUND !!!!! Youv'e got it Made.......Take MY WORD

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niceeeeeeeeeeeee Beach, best time to hunt these area's is before you have to pay the parking meters.

I have hunted this beach many times and have done very well. Hunt up near the hotels. Or maybe go back in the daytime and see where beach goers set, where they lay and so forth. Then it won't matter if they
rake the beach or not, you have a idea where people laid when it was hot. I have found some of my best finds on the way back to the car, where people shake out there towels on the way to the car.

Just a few suggestions. Hope they help!

HH,Ringfinder

P

Pentico

Nice beach, and you got out!

1347 miles to the nearest beach from my house.

Thanks for the great "warm me up" pictures........... :thumbsup:

DN

T

trish76642

Nice beach davest. Even though you didnt find much, you found something, and your blessed to be able to walk that georgous beach. Theres always the alternate :(

keep hunting and be thankful that your able. The good stuff is probably waiting for you the next time you go out. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions