enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's like asking everyone what they think of art. Sorry, but we could all give you our averages and it wouldn't matter in the least. Some have had skunks only once in a while and others have gone 45 boxes straight. It is all just the luck of the draw. Hope you find alot.

HH
Gilbert

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yes, I agree. Averages really do not apply to Halves. Simply the luck of the draw.

I will say this If you want to talk averages.

I average more silver when I search Halves.

My feeling is that the 1/2 dollar coin does not circulate so the majority of the ones that do eventually get turned in at a bank will contain Silver because it is an accumulation that has been hoarded for many years.

I think you could ask just about anyone and they would tell you that if they kept any coins at all since childhood it most likely would be a Half dollar coin.

My Opinion.

Mojo

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
don't try to figure any of it out....you'll go crazy.....just search what you get and hope for the best.. :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find silver dimes more than I find silver half's. Meaning I consistently find 2 or 3 silver dimes per box, while I usually get skunked while doing half's and every once in a while I will get a half box with 10 - 25 or so silver. Like they said above, its the luck of the draw. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
well i did my two boxes today and in the end i got 4 40% from the first box and 5 40% from the second box. not great but at least they were not skunk boxes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread