Half dollar error years- please list the errors you look for!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I want to start to look at some half dollars I have for errors, this is open for anyone to chime in(obviously :D ) so please list the known kennedy half dollar errors... years, type of error to look for and possible value. Any pictures would be great as well!!!

Here are the only 2 errors I know and search for on the kennedy half dollars:
1974d double due on the "we trust" right of kennedy's head and I know it could be worth $50+, I hear they are rare but obtainable in large quanities.
1982 no FG(designers innitials) have no clue how rare they are or what they are worth, but I do know that 1982 is a harder year to come accross anyway.

Thanks all for reading and even more thanks for those who post the errors they look for while searching half dollars for errors. HH!!!

BuffaloBoy

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i look for the Cu-Ni error coins and throw them back....couldnt resist hehe :tongue3:

i dont do errors but i do look for fat rims in good condition and check for proof coins and if i see a 74-D ill check for the DDO (no luck yet), but other than that i dont look for errors.

Whats a 74-D DDO worth in good condition anyways?

HH
Bigheed

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
In AU condition the 1974_d double die could bring in $40. Look for the 1972-D No FG on the reverse.
rileyboy

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy said:
In AU condition the 1974_d double die could bring in $40. Look for the 1972-D No FG on the reverse.
rileyboy
Thanks!!! will do right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread