May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

VP here, got out today and hit a farm field that has recently been cleared. I was just searching along looking for any good signs and bam, got a 07 26 on the SE - pulled out a half reale from about 6 inches

it was weird there was no pottery, no iron signals, no buttons ... nothing around - guess it was just a random drop

last week we hit a spot that had sooooo much potential but ended up being a bit of a dud - i did manage to find one copper, a dateless large cent - oh well it was a fun day though, the rest of the stuff was from that day as well

thanks for looking and take care !

vp

PS: for those of you who are interested I just got done putting the finishing touches on my metal detecting game, Treasure Valley
check out some pics here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,199114.0.html
or go to www.treasure-valley.net to play the demo

Attachments

• november2008.jpg
    november2008.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
What year is the Reale Kev? You don't seen too excited about it. I would be jumping for joy. Congratulations man. Have you identified the coppers? You did great Kevin. :thumbsup:
Chris

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Keven, Congrats on the Reale!

Now put that camera in Macro mode so we can see it close up!

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey guys,

thanks for the responses - i'll try and get a better pic here, my scanner has been acting goofy here, took me 5 tries to get this one

vp

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice colonial silva. Interested in what the copper is. Hope it cleans up to ID for ya. Nice hunt :thumbsup: Hogge

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
What year is the Reale Kev? You don't seen too excited about it. I would be jumping for joy. Congratulations man. Have you identified the coppers? You did great Kevin. :thumbsup:
Chris

hey chris,

thanks man, i am super excited about the reale - when i found it i yelled to paco who was quite a bit away, i started running to him and dropped the thing !! took me almost 30 seconds to find it again, by the time i got to paco i was beat

tell ya though, it was a totally lucky find, it was out in the middle of nowhere - i was actually heading back to the van to grab a drink and just walked over the right spot - talk about a needle in a haystack ...

the reale date is 1777 (i'll try and get a front pic here soon, didn't realize i had the back showing !) - can't get a date off the indian or copper -

take care

kevin

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Kevin!

Congrats on your finds, especially your half Real! :thumbsup:

Keep on swinging the SE. It won't let you down!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Job Kevin......Damn fertilizer does it evey time :( Congrat's on the Reale :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o Half reale!!! :o :o :o You lucky dog! :thumbsup:
Congrats on some super finds Kevin.
-MM-

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VP,
Congrats on the Spanish silver...it does not matter how you find it as loong as you do.

Last year I just arrived at a field and started hunting when the wife called and need me home. Not too happy I start walking back to the truck and bam a gold pocket watch. Probably would have never found it if the wife did not call. Things happen for a reason...so did you ever get that drink?

NJ

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
AWESOME! Congrats on a bunch of nice digs. My first Spanish silver was "on the way back to the truck" too. And all by its lonesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread