wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camping up in the Santa Barbara area. After getting settled in I started hunting around the campground. The place was really empty. So I started looking in my own site and finding clad and a bunch of trash. After about ten minutes I moved to the adjacent site and pretty much same deal, clad coins, everywhere. And then bingo...out pops a gold ring.
The stone looked like a star sapphire, I did some research when I got home and still couldn't tell if it was real. I couldn't stand it any longer and drove over to the mall to ask a jeweler. Fake stone but real gold. Sending a couple of shots of my finds.

Hope everybody had a nice Halloween 005.JPG 007.JPG 013.JPG

Upvote 7

Toph

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I just joined this site yesterday, so what does "clad" mean? Awesome find though!

OP
OP
wildcarrot

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks... It means modern coinage made with different metals. All face value coins usually minted after 1964. I did find one 1945-s wheat penny out of 70 pennies that I dug up..
Nice! I just joined this site yesterday, so what does "clad" mean? Awesome find though!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats sweet.Congrats.HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! Well you paid for your camp site! Wonder why they put fake stones in gold rings? If your camp ground has an area where fishermen can clean their fish, check around the sink, they may have lost a ring or two in the process. HH!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's gold in them there sites! Nice, how much does it weigh?

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool looking ring! Unless you know the jeweler well, I'd get a second opinion on the stone just to be sure. Seems like a ring that size would have real not fake stones in it but you just never know!

smugglersbluez

Jan 10, 2013
central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro , Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice chunk of gold....I've tried camp grounds before...they drive me crazy with all the pull tabs!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome looking ring, regardless of what the stone turns out to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread