Halloween is near. Tell your true tale of metal detecting and ghosts.

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at a beach at 2am working the low tide. Every few minutes I would whip off my headphones because I thought I heard a whispering woman's voice. I really didn't think of a ghost and chalked it up to someone in a beach cottage. It was real foggy and my headlamp was like a lightsaber in the fog. Later that evening on another forum I was discussing the odd whispering. My inbox started getting links from users telling me about how a ship in my location I was detecting sunk and the only survivor was a dog. The captain and his daughter drowned and for years many would hear the whispering. A metal detector is a powerful electro magnetic device and those ghost shows always use electro magnetic devices to search for ghosts. I wonder if the constant hum of the threshold and the emf waves of my sovereign GT metal detector enhanced the ability to hear the whispering?

Upvote 0

Helipilot

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Garrett Pro Pointer, gold pan, Keene High Banker,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post. Can't say I believe in "ghosts" but there are interesting phenomenon that are not easily explained. I have had uneasy feelings before while MDing but that is about it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a beach at 2am working the low tide. Every few minutes I would whip off my headphones because I thought I heard a whispering woman's voice. I really didn't think of a ghost and chalked it up to someone in a beach cottage. It was real foggy and my headlamp was like a lightsaber in the fog. Later that evening on another forum I was discussing the odd whispering. My inbox started getting links from users telling me about how a ship in my location I was detecting sunk and the only survivor was a dog. The captain and his daughter drowned and for years many would hear the whispering. A metal detector is a powerful electro magnetic device and those ghost shows always use electro magnetic devices to search for ghosts. I wonder if the constant hum of the threshold and the emf waves of my sovereign GT metal detector enhanced the ability to hear the whispering?
I had the same thing happen to me......until I realized that it was the Minion I found that was still turned on and talking to me from the pouch!:laughing7:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2am at low tide? It could have been far away voices being carried on the breeze. At night it is quieter and sound seems to carry farther. Natural phenomenon and I find it fascinating too.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
2am at low tide? It could have been far away voices being carried on the breeze. At night it is quieter and sound seems to carry farther. Natural phenomenon and I find it fascinating too.

No matter how much there is naturally occurring explanations (like psychological confirmation bias, selective memory, or outright natural phenomenom explanations), people will gravitate to the ghost & supernatural explanations. Not saying there is "zero supernatural", but just saying that I think people go woo-woo much too easily.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Considering how many people have lived and died a horrible live and death on this planet, I would think it would be so noisy with ghosts one could barely think... if they actually existed.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I seem to hear a radio or TV playing when it's really quiet at night. Must be an old filling!

Helipilot

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Garrett Pro Pointer, gold pan, Keene High Banker,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X2 on the filling. When I was a kid about a hundred years ago, my Dad built a cat whisker radio with a crystal. Actually worked and could be tuned by moving the "cat whisker" wire over the crystal. Still don't believe in ghosts though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions