Halves and dimes 2-3-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Was cashing in my rejects and a teller shows me a Franklin she has and asks me if I want it. Sure I say. Then she takes out a 1968 and asks if I want that too. I say why not. Wish she had more but that was it. That was better than my last couple of boxes.

I picked up some dimes today (Brinks boxes) and found a 1931S Mercury and 2 Rosies- 1954S and 1964. Do any of you return your rejects still in the plastic rolls, or do you take them all out?

Jim

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Hey you did alright on the silvers, I take mine out.. But that's just me, I see where others take them back that way.

Chris

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
That's pretty nice of the teller to give you those halves, I just turn my stuff back in loose.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, I honestly never thought i would see you stoop so low as to search dimes, lol!
Sometimes I have returned entire $250 boxes still in their condoms, and my finicky CU has taken them back that way.
Lots of old coins doing String and son boxes here. Last year old silver Canadians, LOTS of mercs and several Barbers. I don't do it as often now, too much work for the return. FFD

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Fistfulladirt said:
Jim, I honestly never thought i would see you stoop so low as to search dimes, lol!
Sometimes I have returned entire $250 boxes still in their condoms, and my finicky CU has taken them back that way.
Lots of old coins doing String and son boxes here. Last year old silver Canadians, LOTS of mercs and several Barbers. I don't do it as often now, too much work for the return. FFD

Work has been slow the last week or so and there are only so many halves to get. I have a bit too much time on my hands so I have increased the CRHing a bit lately. I think dimes are more for the CRHer purist who really does it just for fun. Dimes take longer and you can get as many as you want from the banks (at least I can here). I have found a keeper every time I have bought them so far. But the return is very minimal and the effort takes as much time as it does for halves (buying, dumping, etc.) so I will concentrate on halves and only do dimes once in a while.

I will probably take the dimes out of the roll so I dont make my dump banks mad for some reason.

Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take them out, don't be lazy, it will only take 5 min and that will guarantee that you will never get that roll again when you ask for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread