Halves today... (Silver! Whoo! Pics!)

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Picked up $31 loose that a teller held for me, 1 40% in the lot. Really bright silver edge, too.

Grabbed a box from another bank on my way home, that had nothing but a 2008-P and a 2008-D.

Gonna get two more boxes in a bit, once I get done with this box of cents I didn't do yesterday.

EDIT: So totaled, I got 1 walker, 2 '64's, and 22 40%'s. Best day in a long, long time.

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Re: Halves today...

Cents gave up 2x 1919, 1920, 1929-S, then just 40's and 50's, a red 1960-D, and 8 Canadians. Decent amount of copper as well.

Off to dump and pick up those other two boxes!

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010

First box; 1 90%, 8 40%'s. Best box in months.

Second box will be taken care of when I get home.

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010

Second box; 1 really, really worn Walker, dateless. 1 90%'er, and 13 40%'s. My best 40% box ever, my second best cash value box ever. Haha, and some of you guys find more on a routine basis, blows my mind.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Great boxes! That lady has been walking for a really long time, glad you found her :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Syrys said:
Great boxes! That lady has been walking for a really long time, glad you found her :thumbsup:
Might be walking some more, my girlfriend wants her for a pocket piece. I'm hesitant to give it up so fast after finding it though.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great score Ltrain - you deserve it!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
SO my buddy found out that he ran a hammer over a halfdollar over 4000 times by accident, and he found it left a nice ring like edge, with a fat coin center, and all the writting had wrapped around and was visible on the inside of this ring..
I looked at it and was like "WOW" how can I make one of these! He told me it takes a good hand, a hammer, and a nice coin.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice score. LTRAIN, you are certainly on a roll. Keep it up. Love the pix.
thanks
rileyboy

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
FiresEye said:
SO my buddy found out that he ran a hammer over a halfdollar over 4000 times by accident, and he found it left a nice ring like edge, with a fat coin center, and all the writting had wrapped around and was visible on the inside of this ring..
I looked at it and was like "WOW" how can I make one of these! He told me it takes a good hand, a hammer, and a nice coin.

Traditionally done with a spoon, and called spooning. :)

I made one out of a beat Franklin a couple months back.

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
That walker barely looks like a halve anymore. I ironically did almost the same amount, 31.50 in teller halves today but got skunked.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Ltrain said:
FiresEye said:

Traditionally done with a spoon, and called spooning. :)

I made one out of a beat Franklin a couple months back.

;D ;D

Oh yeahhh...
In essense, if you've ever spooned, that's why my buddy swore silver made great weapons because even as a soft metal, it could be slowly bent, formed and poured to whatever casting desired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread