HALVES

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
So, yesterday i went to pick up a box of halves from a bank the NEVER!!! has any halves in stock (even loose ones). So, while I'm dumping, (yes, i dump at my pick-up bank, cuz i never go to this bank much anyway) a teller yells across the room "we got $100 extra in rolls of halves". So, I'm thinking oh, they must just be machine wrapped halves that they ordered along with my box, but i think what the heck and i take them all. The teller walks out with my box, and 10 CWR! :headbang: It can usually go 2 ways; all someones dumps, or all silver. I got home and opened a few rolls, but they were all coppernickel-clad. :( But for some reason (i know this may not be a big deal for you all) a 40%er pops out...anyone have a reasonable explanation for this? ??? :icon_scratch: Also, the box was a pretty good box yielding a 90%er (Kennedy), 2-more 40%ers, a really nice gold platted '72-D, and 4-NIFC's.

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
That's happened to me before too. The person who wrapped those ten rolls must have missed that one. Goes to show you that the "Cardinal Rule" is ALWAYS take ALL the halves they have. NEVER leave any behind. You can always dump them if they turn out to be "skunks".
rileyboy

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only do CWR of halves and what you experienced is pretty much what I experience all the time. I don't think they are "hunted". I think that people just wrap a bunch of old halves that they have laying around and just don't know any better. Odds are that if you have a bunch of halves that have been sitting around as change that one or two of them may be 40%'ers as well. But they probably just wrap them all up without checking them because they have no idea that some of them could be worth more than 50 cents. So you get the occasional 40% in CWR while the rest of the roll is just clad. Goes with the territory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread