Halving a fun evening

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Well I got my 3 boxes from the CU- have gone through just over 1 1/2. First box was very interesting- not so much quantity but quality. Results from the first box...drum roll please, another Walker (1942), (4) '64's, (1) '67, beautiful gold '76, and a frosted head '91 proof. Don't ask me where all the 40%ers went- I like the 90's better anyways haha. Here's a couple pics from the first box take.
DSCN1041_edited.jpg

DSCN1038_edited.jpg

I'm $300 into the second box and so far have only 2 silvers, Ben and a '64. Its like someone was sitting at the rolling machine with a bucket of silver and throwing one in ever so often to spread them out- most all the other coins are marked. Hopefully they got bored by the third box and just dumped all the silver in at once haha. I can dream can't I? HH all, Mark

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Second box done. Ben and (3) '64, (0) 40%ers. This is from the place where last week I got 13 40's and no 90's out of a box. Very strange but I like it. HH Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I had to do them all. First roll to show silver in the third box gave me twofors, Lady Walker and Mr. Franklin. I kept up my average of 5/box, with a twist haha. Third box had one Walker, (2) Bens, (1) '64, and (1) '68 bringing the total silvers for 3 boxes to 15, only 13 of them are 90's. If I weren't so tired I don't know what I would do haha- great night of entertainment for me. Take care all- I'll get some more pics in AM. HH Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: Halving a fun evening/ Pic of total take

Top row- Walking Liberties
Second row- Bens
Rows 3 & 4- '64's
Bottom- 2 lowly 40%ers
Right side is (2) Frosted Proofs and gold plated Bicentenial
HH all, Mark
DSCN1047_edited.jpg

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
As a side note, last night I got ME 100th silver from hunting rolls. 2 War Nickels, 2 Rosies, and 96 halves. I deserve a break haha. Is it Monday yet- got 2 boxes for afternoon haha? HH all, Mark

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job MC. Gotta like it when you are pulling Ladies & Ben's!!

Congrats on the silver. I like the 90%-40% ratio too....cool.

Good luck on Monday's boxes. Thanks for the pictures.

Keep em coming......

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thanks LJ. I thought the 90/40 ratio was pretty good too- almost like getting 30 instead of 15. Lots of empty rolls but when there was silver it was a streak and not just a dirty edge. Very exciting night especially with the Walkers and Bens popping up from time to time- I was even having thoughts of catching a Barber things were so good. I swear it was just like someone was at the roller with a bunch of silver tossing one in ever so often to spread them out. HH, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread