Hammered streak continues! 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Just the one day detecting this weekend 😬 so despite the 40mph winds we had to go 😆 xx

First a lovely spindle whorl, buckle and loops, some random shapes and buckle tongue, some shot, one at front has a hole? Tap, spoon end and another bit! 2 little cap/ends and 2 tack pins, a shiny corset part, a little token, this next bits surface is to delicate for me to clean, so not sure what it is, 2 toasted pre dec, then obviously my hammereds ….first one is quite big … Mary 1553-1558 (? ) and a very sorry scrappy one but I will take it 😆 that brings my total to 7 this year! 😎 xx

Edit: thanks to JamieD’s id confirming its actually Phillip and Mary 1554-58.. certainly not as pretty as my Philip & mary Shilling😆 xx

Himself nearly lost his Deus in the wind… it was touch and go for a minute but he wrestled it back and was able to dig some buttons for you! xx

IMG_1014.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1018.jpeg
IMG_1019.jpeg
IMG_1020.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1024.jpeg
IMG_1025.jpeg
IMG_1026.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg
IMG_1008.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 38
Congratulations on getting out and adding to your silver totals. 3 weeks and 7 silvers :notworthy:
Is the big one a groat?
Himself looks like he's well footed handing on to the Deus-must of been easy swing it in the wind
Beautiful pictures, though I just noticed that Himself's coil looks like new, and the rest of the detector has been wallowing in the mud-how does he manage that? :laughing7:

Congratulations on getting out and adding to your silver totals. 3 weeks and 7 silvers :notworthy:
Is the big one a groat?
Himself looks like he's well footed handing on to the Deus-must of been easy swing it in the wind
Beautiful pictures, though I just noticed that Himself's coil looks like new, and the rest of the detector has been wallowing in the mud-how does he manage that? :laughing7:
Thanks Peps… this field is amazing!! I think its a groat 24 mm across. I think it’s because he has been wafting the coil through the vegetation.. which is wet…so it gets cleaned…!! But u never know with him…!!!! 😳 xx

Thanks Peps… this field is amazing!! I think its a groat 24 mm across. I think it’s because he has been wafting the coil through the vegetation.. which is wet…so it gets cleaned…!! But u never know with him…!!!! 😳 xx
Well done on the silver.
That explains why the coil was so sparkling.
I'm glad he wasn't using it backwards.

Your "token" might actually be a coin/apothecary weight.

Congratulations, but... beware the mighty winds! :headbang: Nice finds and pics. Thanks!

Good stuff as usual. I’m waiting to hear about the hoard you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back