Hammered tally

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well been grounded all week. A combination of snow and a bad cold have made detecting a no no :sadsmiley:. Some one asked for a picture of my recent hammered coin finds. So here it is, with the right sites and effort this is what's possible. The other picture, I posted several years ago, the remains of my hammered coin collection. I sell all of the better ones. Would though need a bigger table to do an up to date shot. p.s try not to drool :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_6100.JPG
    IMG_6100.JPG
    813.9 KB · Views: 142
  • today 149.jpg
    today 149.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 9

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a bunch of hammereds! :icon_thumleft: Must been a special place back then. Whats the time span of the coins?

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to go get a pint, man I can't take such a shock...........Well done mate, an awesome group of finds.
Man, I gotta get back to the UK and EU for some serious detecting.
ZDD

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I have to go get a pint, man I can't take such a shock...........Well done mate, an awesome group of finds.
Man, I gotta get back to the UK and EU for some serious detecting.
ZDD
Just having a pint Zodiac, as the Beatles said "get back to where you once belonged":thumbsup:

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o nice colection! :)

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
The original photo took ages to set up. And even longer to put the coins back into plastic bags. Whilst taking the small photo tonight, I managed to drop a tiny coin on to the kitchen floor. Thought I had lost it, had to remove the plinth from the bottom of the kitchen units to retrieve it. (Mrs robfinds, non too happy):laughing7:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Very impressive indeed Robert. That's quite a collection. Hope your hot streak continues .....

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a stash ! I'd love to see the pub tenders face if you put down a Lizzy I Sixpence or a Groat for a pint or two !

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
That's quite some years.... Have an idea what site it was? Market or just some spot where people met when travelling?
Yes i know exactly what the site was Westfront, can't say though, don't want to give it away. Do you remember the shark pit guy who used to post ?. Best to learn from others mistakes.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! Those are flippin'...............(sorry had to find my drool rag) AWESOME!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds , I have to think some of those folks are rather astonished too -( putting 500 year old silver in their face) , though most may not
have a clue as to what they're seeing .

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice Rob seeing the hammered silvers all laid out like that, it makes me want to get on a plane sooner and stay later.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions