Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious if the hand gesture in these two photos are a known hand signal of any kind. Sorry for the poor quality but I don't have the originals.

jvw1.jpg

jvw2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hendrix

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC,

Thanks for the response. It is something that I've been curious about. The man in the photo is an ancestor born during the Civil War. (His father died in the war.) Older people in the family that knew him and have since pasted away always said that he was a member of an organization that he wouldn't talk about. A great-aunt of mine remembered a group of men coming to him in the night and them going out to dig up an iron pot that no one knew that he had buried on the property. The men took away the contents but he never spoke of it. That incident would have been most likely between ww1 and ww2 so it would be very late for the KGC from what I know.

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hand gestures indeed are signals of the masons! The handshakes and hand gestures have a number! Was he a mason? What type work did he do. The photographer was definitely a mason!

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
What does three fingers up, pinky finger down, and thumb folded across palm mean?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel - KGC,

Thanks for the response. It is something that I've been curious about. The man in the photo is an ancestor born during the Civil War. (His father died in the war.) Older people in the family that knew him and have since pasted away always said that he was a member of an organization that he wouldn't talk about. A great-aunt of mine remembered a group of men coming to him in the night and them going out to dig up an iron pot that no one knew that he had buried on the property. The men took away the contents but he never spoke of it. That incident would have been most likely between ww1 and ww2 so it would be very late for the KGC from what I know.

Well, you ARE from Southeast Texas, so it MAY be a KGC "Hand/Fingers-Sign" that I have not seen before; if he was KGC, 1st Degree (Military/Iron Hand), MAYBE so... dunno. "Iron Hand" did bury stuff, back in the "old days"; "they" did all the "dirty work", fighting & "burying" (aka "Grunt Work"). COULD HAVE BEEN a Family SENTINEL "thing". :dontknow:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious if the hand gesture in these two photos are a known hand signal of any kind. Sorry for the poor quality but I don't have the originals.

View attachment 1459542

View attachment 1459543

There is nothing I personally recognize as a signal or sign in the photos. That is only me, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Here is a link to another thread about the subject although this is not a complete listing. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/367064-k-g-c-signals.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread