Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Bazooka Gold Trap 36" Sniper
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,

I have a Jobe Yellow Jacket 45, and am looking for better ways to collect that pesky rock from cracks and such in my local river. I'm looking at either buying a X-Stream Hybrid Pro Hand Dredge, or building a small electric one, kind of like this one:

If I build the electric one, I would be putting a short hose on the end of it, to dump into a submerged 5gal bucket (for collection).

What I'm looking for is some advice on which one yall think would be best for me.

If I buy the X-Stream, obviously, nothing will have to be done to it.

But if I build the electric, I'll be running it to a battery on shore. Since the place I'm looking at running it has narrow channels, this isn't a real "deal breaker" for me.

What do yall think?

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what size orfic did you install inside the "Y" fitting to create the suction of this device?

Its not my video, so I dont know what he did.......I'm asking about opinions on weather or not I should build one myself, or just buy an X-Stream.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
That won't very good as there is no check valve to keep from blowing back out. Although gold is heavy, the piping used in this video is very cheap. Check valve is a must.

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That won't very good as there is no check valve to keep from blowing back out. Although gold is heavy, the piping used in this video is very cheap. Check valve is a must.

It would be dumping into a bucket, with a fluid release at the top, so nothing should blow back out (there would be a hose at the back end, pumping the slurry to the bucket (less than 5 feet)

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Kilted jock did a pretty good job making a copy. The original electric comes with a sluicebox if you haven't seen it. Goldsnare.com

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I saw it. Posted the video instead because it shows how he built it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread