Hand wrap or loose?

Pirate Hunter

Jun 2, 2008
When dumping do you hand roll or bring the loose coins into your dump bank. I am assuming that if they are loose you use a free coin counting machine or coinstar for the free gift cards.

I think I will stick to halves and maybe do a dime box every once in awhile. I dont think I have the patience to wrap dimes if thats what I have to do.

Do you guys use machines to wrap or just hand wrap? Are there Half dollar wrapping machines?

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I hand wrap because I do not have a bank with a machine yet. Dimes are second favorite and not tedious if you have a coin machine, just edge search and dump in coin machine.

You can go through more of every denomination without hand rolling for sure.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
I return all of my coins loose. Thats the only way the dump banks well take them in my area and thats a good thing because I'm not going to reroll all the coins that I go through.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MarkinIa said:
I return all of my coins loose. Thats the only way the dump banks well take them in my area and thats a good thing because I'm not going to reroll all the coins that I go through.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

trezurhunter

Dec 18, 2008
Volusia county, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to re roll all my coins. I guess that's why pennies and dimes are a pain in the A$$. :'(

The Trezurhunter.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I have to re-wrap all my coins. I just do it after I look at each roll so I do not have to wrap them up later. I am very carefull about not damaging the wrappers because I know I have to use them again.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I guess I'm lucky on this topic. I use the free coin counting machine at my branch all I want. Plus having as many banks as bars in my town is an asset as well. I unfortunately had to re-roll once, and it was like some horrific torture. :icon_king:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I ordered plastic bank bags from Staples, then fill them up with loose and deposit them.

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
yeah, even though it takes longer to roll, like anything you get used to it after awhile. I dump them out and put em in my hand, edge search, put em back in and mark the roll while driving. It keeps me under 55.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I dump using 1k bags that the bank gives me and they give me back cash , no waiting for deposits to clear etc. ... slick as sh*t ... rerolling is a pain , Ed

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bring everything back in their boxes loose. If I had to re-roll I would have quit long ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread