jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I think I'll use paddle holster , and go detecting in early morning hours. The LE Work did I have watch my back

jmontgomery

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1on Crossbreed holsters. There not the prettiest but they are the most comfortable.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The important thing is to make sure there is only one version of the story of what happened! Frank

111-1 profileRED.jpg

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Must be a pretty crazy park in order for you to feel that it is prudent for you to carry a firearm. Just get yourself the new AK-12 and strap it to your back. Just think how safe you'd feel with an assault rifle stapped to your back in that park.
Remember this the day _____ happens . "When seconds count the police are only minutes away .."

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’d love to carry while out detecting but I’m in Califailia and getting a CCW here is about as likely as winning the lottery. I wonder if I told them I MD regularly if it would matter. :D

cb420

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a smith&wesson .40 model 4013 with shoulder harness. better safe then sorry

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It sucks that you have to employ a Constitutional liberty in order to be safe and enjoy freedom. If I had to do that, pack heat to feel safe, I would just move to a safer place. Freedom to move away from crappy unsafe places is perhaps the greatest liberty of all. Happy tectin to all!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It sucks that you have to employ a Constitutional liberty in order to be safe and enjoy freedom. If I had to do that, pack heat to feel safe, I would just move to a safer place. Freedom to move away from crappy unsafe places is perhaps the greatest liberty of all. Happy tectin to all!
Agreed, a life lived in fear just ain't a live worth livin.

Skidder

Jan 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And where would that be these days? Ever here the saying "he was such a good kid in a small town I don't know where he went wrong". Unfortunately bad ppl are everywhere not just "unsafe places". Plenty of it has to do with drugs and booze I'm sure.

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
And when the officer pulled over the little old lady and, upon finding that she was legally carrying several pistols, asked just what she was afraid of, she replied, "Not a dang thing sonny, not a dang thing."

You see, there's such a thing as a difference between fear and caution. Legally carrying a handgun in a remote or potentially dangerous environment has no more to do with fear than saying I buy homeowner's insurance because I live in constant fear that my house will catch on fire.

In life we are all given the right to make decisions. In our great country of cultural diversity, it is not given for all of us to understand why others do the things they do or choose to live where they live. For instance, I have always lived where, should you see a young fella walking down the street with a shotgun, you just figure he's going hunting where-as, in another place it might logically be assumed he's out to rob the nearest Seven-Eleven.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I went hunting at local park like I do every Monday and I carry my 38 on my ankle would that cause false readings. Detector was going crazy

No, big hunks of metal down near the coil will not cause false readings. Big hunks of metal down near the coil will cause actual true real readings, which is kinda silly actually, since the readings are actually true, having been caused by a real big metal target, down low near the coil, and metal detectors read on metal near the coil. I guess this just did not occur to you, but you see what I am getting at. The reading could not possibly be false.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread