Handle Question

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I have a Tesoro and the foam on the handle is not holding up so well to the abuse I have given it. Mostly it doesn't like mud and I have been digging in a lot of it lately and it gets on my gloves and no matter how hard I try to wipe it off I still have managed to get a lot of it on the foam hand grip and I cannot get it out. What do you guys use to cover the handle portion of a detector when the foam that it comes with wears out?

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can go to a sporting goods store and get tennis racket wrap material. A motorcycle shop and get a Grab-On (heavy duty) foam grip - if you can get to one end of the handle to slip it on - they come in pairs so you'll have many years worth of grip satisfaction. Or a bike shop and get a roll of handlebar wrap.

If there is an archery pro shop nearby you might also be able to find riser grip pads, or leather wraps if they cater to the traditional bow crowd. Now, wouldn't that Tesoro look snazzy with a baseball stitched leather grip?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions