Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trashy park gives up another ring. This was a find that any detector would have found as it was in the grass, but I'll take it!

20160920_160811.jpg

Upvote 16
Nothing wrong with finding rings in the grass. Congrats on your find! :icon_thumright: Many years ago my first gold ring find was found in the grass!

Nice exotic design, but, i think its not completely silver and the quartz looks transparent

Interesting ring design and band. It looks like a pale citrine Quartz, a healing stone often set in sterling. Pretty find! -Lisa

I think Mikeraydj nailed it. Quartz. I was thinking that after i posted.

Finding something and not having to dig it out? Sounds like a bonus :icon_thumright:

I found a silver bracelet on the ground a few weeks ago wish it was that simple all the time Nice ring Thanks for posting!!!

You are turning into a jewelry hunter huh??? Congrats on pulling that unique ring. :occasion14: Are you digging much clad?

You are turning into a jewelry hunter huh??? Congrats on pulling that unique ring. :occasion14: Are you digging much clad?
Everything but zinc pennies. (I hate them.) Quarters are becoming rare. But I can get a lot of dimes & copper pennies for some reason. Turned in $128 in clad the other day.
I have found one gold ring with the E-trac since I got it last month. But I am still trying to dial in where gold falls on this machine. I figure if I dig pull tab & square tab numbers I will hit some more gold if it is out there. I do that till I get tired then I concentrate on the silver range. Got this a couple of weeks ago to help pull some goodies out of the trash.

Sun Ray X-5 Coils.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ring! Congrats!
Nothing wrong with a surface find, just proves the eyeballs are working!
You were "holding" the detector at the time the find was made, so technically it is a detecting find...just no digging!

cool find
congratulations

The E-Trac isn't really known for it's gold finding capabilities. I think it has a lot to do with the willingness to investigate a very wide range of numbers. Of course,, the gold has to also be there.
Any number that delivers a nickel can also be a gold signal. I have recovered my first and only "9kt" piece of gold. It is a brooch that the E-Trac registered as a steady 12-9. I also recovered a 14kt Gold Signet ring on a 12-24 signal. That number has also given me a Buffalo Nickel as well as an 1864 IHP. (Copper/Nickel Composition IHP).
The E-Trac will scream when it goes over silver and has an uncanny ability to unmask a silver coin that is buried close to iron.
Congrats on your silver ring.

Never know when one of those zinklins might be gold.
Nice ring

I have never had any of my gold ring up in the 12-38 range. I have found literally thousands of zinc pennies and never a gold. The only reason I dig copper pennies is they can be a wheatie or a dime which also share those same numbers.

Interesting design. Like others, I'm wondering what the stone is. Congrats on a nice find!

Cool looking ring congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back