Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long term - I think it's going up, but might dip before the big rise. A lot of the silver traded on the commodities exchange is just on paper, as there is no physical to back it up. Industry needs it for many products, and there was a tremendous amount of silver used up in the electronics boom in the latter half of the 20th century, and most of that is now in landfills. Throw in all the silver coins and jewelry that have been lost, and what's considered left to be mined, then silver looks good. The powers that be play with the price on the paper market to keep it suppressed as it is a threat to the $'s value. At some point their game will catch up with them and the price will soar. The BRIC's have said they will be setting up alternative exchanges and will be pricing metals, and with China holding an enormous amount of gold, that could cause PM's to leap in $ value beyond most peoples imagination. If you don't need the money now, I'd hang onto any you dig just for insurance. Good luck!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buying, buying and buying more..........

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe an aggressive position in silver will bear plenty fruit as the aggressive position in our national debt, and worldwide debt (i.e. Greece) continues to devalue the fiats of the world.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was told long ago that the natural value ratio of Gold to Silver is 16 to 1 and has always returned to it, sort of an economic law. Don't know if it's BS or not but doing the math if it even gets close thats a hell of an investment return.

OP
OP
M_d_in_guy

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
I've read many an article about silver and the norm always seems to be that silver is the most underpriced precious metal mined and or available, I agree slingshot that it will probably fall temporarily, but after that it'll probably slingshot lol up into a good position. There is lot's of spec that it may hit the 4 figure area, however when that will be may be out of our near reach, and adopted in our youths futures.

Either way my physical silver is comfortable where it's at, that being at home lol. Cheers and ty all for your thoughts.
Jon

OP
OP
M_d_in_guy

M_d_in_guy

Jan 12, 2015
Jasper, Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATGOLD
Garrett pro pointer
Fiskars digger
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe an aggressive position in silver will bear plenty fruit as the aggressive position in our national debt, and worldwide debt (i.e. Greece) continues to devalue the fiats of the world.

So true, the fiats are created out of thin air, with, in many cases no physical gold or silver to back them.

in a recent article I read, all the fiats are backed by debt lol, go figure............

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, buy,buy,buy SILVER!
DO NOT buy anything graded or have it in your "portfolio".
Purchase reputable generic rounds/bars and have it on hand.
Peace ✌

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I save all the silver I get for free but for long time appreciation fiat can reproduce in an
amazing number of zeros.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver, can at times, be considered volatile and isn't for short term profit.
Silver on hand, if needed, would/will be a huge benefit.
Just buy silver.
Peace ✌

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always buying and storing for future use. Can't seem to get enough. I agree that it will one day rise.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we can all agree, sometime in the near future, ya might be able to buy a bag of groceries with a silver round. Maybe, a silver round cut into quarter pieces will be worth a lot more than currency....JMHO....I pray that I am wrong!!:dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think we can all agree, sometime in the near future, ya might be able to buy a bag of groceries with a silver round. Maybe, a silver round cut into quarter pieces will be worth a lot more than currency....JMHO....I pray that I am wrong!!:dontknow:

Gee is there some truth to that the economies are propped up on different levels?

kalotower1.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I have been in the metal detecting hobby, I have bought several silvers over the last 3 years. If I can get them at a price acceptable to me, I consider it an investment. For some reason, older American silvers seem to be a premium on EBay right now, so I haven't bought any in months. I see modern silver being sold in frequency there. Any particular reason for this?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If the price of silver and gold skyrockets, you'd better believe that the gov will get their share of yours one way or another. They will do whatever it takes to protect the dollar.

Even though I hold both PM's, they've been a terrible investment.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told long ago that the natural value ratio of Gold to Silver is 16 to 1 and has always returned to it, sort of an economic law. Don't know if it's BS or not but doing the math if it even gets close thats a hell of an investment return.

Or, maybe gold is over-valued and should be at $240 per oz?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Avoid silver coins when investing. Just cause it was minted 51 years ago, doesn't make it overly valuable. Plus, the math is hard to calculate on a daily spot basis.
Buy bullion.
Eagles carry heavy premiums. Look around. Silver can be purchased near spot.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions