Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My first post in a long long time. I know it's not the 4th of July but today is my birthday and I did find a pretty nice USA Continental Army button :headbang:

Same site that I found my other 2 USA's in back in '09. Along with the GW and the NY buttons. This site always gives up a find or two but today was exceptional.
It was cold and windy making for a nice wind chill but I dressed warm.
On Thursday I dug the 2 coppers and the brass point and iron harp in the field. Not a bad day.

Today I braved the cold and concentrated on the old hot spot / iron infested area where the colonial house sat. After about 30 minutes I got a 70-75 ID on the Deus.
and shoveled out the dirt. Immediately spotted the button shank up. Sarcastically said out loud "And I'll bet your a USA button"

Kneeled down and flipped the button over and my jaw dropped ! We all know that feeling when you make that great find not even expecting it. Love that feeling !
Took a few insitu pix and put in another two hours but just basic stuff after that, Cuff button here .... musket ball there .... junk brass and iron here and there.

A nice birthday find. Made my day !

HH
Derek

Attachments

• Insitu 1.jpg
    Insitu 1.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Insitu 2.jpg
    Insitu 2.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Back button.jpg
    Back button.jpg