HAPPY DANCE

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Went to the beach today.....It was in the high 70s and muggy. Chris and I got there at 6 am. A very nice day. I started gridding near the pier hitting the wet to near waist deep water and back again. You know if you work the dry sand you get signals all day long and the majority is trash. When working the wet to water very few signals at all.. I finally gave up gridding and started to zig zag the wet sand. Picking up a few pennies, dimes and nickels. People started showing up early. I couldn't believe how many were there that early. I got a signal just as I was being followed by kids asking "whatcha doin" have ya found anything?" I tried my best to ignore them but they were persistent. First I found a penny then they yelled look ma he found a penny. That made the folks on the sand kinda chuckle, Then a pop top..I think that made the kids bored. Then another signal as the kids were leaving, I scooped and rechecked the hole. No signal I emptied my scoop onto the sand and went over it. Whatever it was was still there. I kicked the mound of sand and I saw a flash of gold as it landed. I looked to see where the kids were and picked it up and in my pocket.Walked a ways further to get away from everyone and pulled it out. Because of my cataract surgery I couldn't see if there was a mark inside the band. I put the ring on the hand that I wear the glove and started looking for Chris. He had been working the dry sand. When I caught up with him I ask how he was doing and he said a lot of change and a kids ring. I told him I didn't think I even had a dollar in change and started taking off my glove. He asked gold???? I told him I don't know I can't see. He looked but there was no mark. He said it looks like gold, heavy enough to be gold. I was using a PI and he had his CTX he put it on the ground and ran his machine over it. Read gold.
When we got to my house we went inside so I could give it an acid test. I put 10k on it stayed I called Chris to come look. Then I put 14k it stayed Chris said make another scratch and put 18k. I did and it stayed then Chris said try 22k . When I did the scratch went away. I can still see the 18h mark and that was hours ago. Wouldn't you know it. After I polished the ring the wife tried it on. IT FITS.... imagine that lol. It is 18k and weighs 5.8 grams... Perfect day... Plus I had $3.38 in change. Happy Dance after I was home ...
HH All. GFP
6222015 WOMAN'S 18K 5.8 GRAMS.JPG

Upvote 0

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats Pete!
Nothing like a high K ring!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man it's nice to find some gold that fits... Amazing ring :notworthy:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that your ring is very old.

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
That's a real nice looking ring. I got to learn how to do the acid test. How did you learn it?

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real nice looking ring. I got to learn how to do the acid test. How did you learn it?[/QUOTE

I got on ebay and typed gold test kits. The kit I have has 10k, 14k, 18k , 22k, silver and platinum. Easy to do. The kit comes with a black stone. You make some scratches I normally do three. then you drop a drop of 10k starting small if the mark stays it is at least 10k then use 14k on another scratch if it fades it is 10k or better.I always test gold that is marked too. There is a lot of phony jewelry out there. I know I have found some. Acid test works always...HH GFP

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking ring and it looks really old. I would definitely try to find out more about it. Maybe some of the experts that know more about the age will join in and be able to give a date range. What do you think on the age OBN or Casper?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice old ring and wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um...
You may have just found something really good man.

Hold that thought.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man... Is there anyway you could take another picture of the "interior" of this ring ?

I think you just found a major killer piece.
hundreds of years old.
I need to see inside of this.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is either a 17th century piece OR a damn good copy.
My guess it is 20k ish as well...
Which would fit.

IF... I repeat IF... this is legit...

One word...

BANNER

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an eye catcher for sure!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That is one gorgeous gold ring, gold fever pete!:wav:

I just love that style and that stone!:headbang:

Keep 'em comin'!:hello2:
Lorraine

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Very nice find and the stone looks like a Pearl.

Do a quick test to see if its real by rubbing it on your teeth if its slightly rough, sandy or gritty its most likely real if it feels smooth or glassy its fake.

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my jeweler today. I had sent him a pic and asked what he thought. He told me that it is not 18k it is 20k , hand made and old. I don't know how old. I live in California and I am hunting for a jeweler that knows about antique jewelry. If anyone here knows one please let me know. Thanks GFP HH 6222015 WOMAN'S 18K 5.8 GRAMS.JPG

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice! Thanks for sharing and may it be as old as some here think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions