Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Independence Day everyone. I started my fourth with a dig down at the river bank. I had dreams of finding a double eagle historical flask but oh well. Wishful thinking. But I didn't leave empty handed. I found a conical ink first one for the year. But the next find made my day a moxie nerve food bottle. This thing has a wonky applied donut looking top and the bottle has an awesome hammered whittle . Anyone know the age of this one? it looks to be early. Thanks for looking and I hope every one is having a safe fun holiday weekend._ Justin

Attachments

• 1436095911144.jpg
    1436095911144.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 1436095923701.jpg
    1436095923701.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 1436095938069.jpg
    1436095938069.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 77

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bottle is indeed early. It was first introduced in 1876 as Moxie Nerve Food. Moxie was first sold as a carbonated drink in 1884. Interesting, I've looked at several websites and I've seen a few pictures of bottles like yours except there is no "patented" on some of them. And one website says it wasn't patented until 1885. With that said, your bottle is post 1885. Oh, very nice find by the way!

Last edited:

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles!

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bottle is indeed early. It was first introduced in 1876 as Moxie Nerve Food. Moxie was first sold as a carbonated drink in 1884. Interesting, I've looked at several websites and I've seen a few pictures of bottles like yours except there is no "patented" on some of them. And one website says it wasn't patented until 1885. With that said, your bottle is post 1885. Oh, very nice find by the way!

Thank you much bass as always . It's an odd one and I'm having a hard time finding g a similar one.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some on eBay like yours ( i believe) yesterday. Priced from 35.00-99.00. And one with a "donut" top priced at 135.00

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol call it independence day! :BangHead:

Nice bottles, wish I had those in my back yard. You must be far east coast.

Your Moxie bottle has rich color to it. Is that a crack in neck? If so that is unfortunate because other than that it looks very nice.

That deep rich color seems to do well against sickness, it is about the same color as most insulators and I have yet to see a sick insulator. The lighter more transparent bottles of the same color seem more susceptible to sickness.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol call it independence day! :BangHead:

Nice bottles, wish I had those in my back yard. You must be far east coast.

Your Moxie bottle has rich color to it. Is that a crack in neck? If so that is unfortunate because other than that it looks very nice.

That deep rich color seems to do well against sickness, it is about the same color as most insulators and I have yet to see a sick insulator. The lighter more transparent bottles of the same color seem more susceptible to sickness.

Thank you I live in Connecticut. The bottle actually has quite a bit of sickness I took the pictures after I cleaned them so they were still wet. I'm thinking about having this one tumbled.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! We have an amber Moxie from Colorado,,,,, disappointingly I have never dug one ,,,,,,,,,,,,, YET !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread