🥇 BANNER HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, reunited!!!!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Jan 31 I posited a great day we had digging when I found half of a CS reef buckle. Since then the weather has been real cold and we have had a good bit of snow. It has keep me up nights thinking about the other half of that buckle. We went back twice to try to find it , but both times the ground was froze solid and we could not dig at that spot. Finally last Sunday I got there for about an hr and a 1/2 and found several bullets but no buckle. I thought then that it was probably not there:sad1: Today it was calling for mid 60s and had rained yesterday. Conditions were rite so we made plans to go. I put the large coil back on my AT pro for maximum depth, new batteries, and was all bizz. We got there at 8:00 am and the first 2 signals were junk. (1 pc of wire, 1 nail.) Then I got a good solid hit and dug the hole. I about to crap my paints when I seen the side of that tongue.:hello2: My two friends and I had a great day. We all found bullets and one found half a spur, and the other found a CS block A button. Later in the day I found the sword hook off of the belt about 3 feet from the tongue . Sorry for rambling on but this is better than any buzz you can buy!! Thanks for letting me share this great day with you. I will probably never top it!!! cs buckle.jpg IMG_20150321_083009992.jpg IMG_20150321_150807126.jpg IMG_20150321_162124670.jpg

Upvote 79
OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread too should have made the Banner by now. Have all the Mods gone to a convention or something? Come guys, flip the switch.
ZDD
Thanks ZDD, and DigIron2. Thanks for your comments on the banner, but that is not what I am about. I own the history and the great story that goes with it. That is what is important to me. I have only been a member of this forum for a short while but have enjoyed and learn a lot, and will continue. Thanks again for all the great comments, HH RN

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Congratulations! You got my vote :)

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your Finds. That is real Treasure!

smokedaddy

Mar 4, 2008
SE Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum / Fisher 1266X / Minelab Sovereign Elite/ Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a perfect match. Nice Job !

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great you found the other half. Many, many of us have found halves of military buckles and had no luck finding the complementing piece.

Great recovery

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ZDD, and DigIron2. Thanks for your comments on the banner, but that is not what I am about. I own the history and the great story that goes with it. That is what is important to me. I have only been a member of this forum for a short while but have enjoyed and learn a lot, and will continue. Thanks again for all the great comments, HH RN
That's really not what I am about either.It is just a little extra fun that goes along with Treasurenet.but congrats on making it up there,and again Congratulations on finding that Rare piece:thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You made an incredible discovery in the whole buckle that is as rare as any find on here. Congrats to you on that!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a happy ending!!! Good job and stick-to-it-ness:thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on finding the other half to your wreath buckle! :occasion14:

Kudos to you for continually returning to the site to find it.
It took me over 2 years and 5 visits to find all the pieces to this large crotal bell. :laughing7:

Welcome to the Tnet BANNER club buddy! :thumbsup:
Dave

Attachments

• IMG-20130415-01903.jpg
    IMG-20130415-01903.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Large Crotal Bell 001.jpg
    Large Crotal Bell 001.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 69

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is .....OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Davers

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!!!! This shows us to STICK WITH IT and don't give up,ever.HH and go get some more of them....

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a very cool find buddy. Best of luck topping that one. Maybe the sword is there somewhere. Never know. HH Tim

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very cool find buddy. Best of luck topping that one. Maybe the sword is there somewhere. Never know. HH Tim

Wouldn't that be something! There would go another pair of draws!!!! LOL

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take a extra pair along buddy. I always take extras. Lol. Have you been out lately?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread