SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings,

Been awhile since I posted. Been a great start to the new year. I spent the holidays in Tennessee with family. I turned a nephew on to CRHing and I've had a great start to this years silver collection. Road tripped down to Church Hill Tennessee with my nephew and showed him how CRHing works. Didn't do great down there but I managed to pick up about 15 or 16 40 %ers and he picked up 2 or three.

Once I got back is when I had the great start to the new year. I cashed in all the coin I accrued on the roadt rip and stopped by a nearby bank to check if they'd received any halves. Ended up buying a box (Yes it was sealed)and when I started going through it I noticed that about 7 or 8 of the rolls had the ends opened and crimped. DAMN! those buggers have been through it! Ended up going thuofgh the box and ended up with 46 40%ers and 17 90%ers including 9 benjamins, 2 walkers and my first BARBER!!! woohooo even though some dirtbag had already gone through and poached the ends of 7 or 8 of my rolls I still had a banner box!
Great way to start the year! My nephew called me from Boston the other day an hes definitely got the bug! He's already done well on his first box with a couple of walkers and a few other silver coins to boot!

Attachments

• 46 40\'s.jpg
    46 40\'s.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 17 90\'s.jpg
    17 90\'s.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Super nice box, congratulations! Those Barbers sure are on the loose right now, I think that's about 4 of them that have been found in the last couple of weeks. :)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad those dirtbags didn't go through all of the rolls!!!! What are the dates on the pre 64's??? Great job and congrats!!!

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Barber is 1897, the Walkers I believe were 1936 and 1944 or 45 and the Benjies were all from the 50-60's. yeah I'm glad they didn't too! Some of the tampered rolls actually had more silver in them than just the ones taken off the ends.

hellsbells

Jan 1, 2009
my mind
thats my uncle!!!!! nice finds...to bad we didnt find them while i was around

went walking around the bean again today....hit up at least 25 banks....all had loose halves....ended up buying $75 total between them all which produced 2 40% kens.....last bank i went said they had no halves...than a customer in line piped up and said i might have a few in my pocket ( bc everyone carries halves with them??? lol) anywho he pulls out two and i hear cling cling cling on the table...one was a 90% ken.... i gave him four clad quarters and left.

just registered for classes, so I am broke for a bit, which means less half hunting for at least a week :(

starting to see signs of other CRHer's in the city....HH

oh yea and i found a coin shop in thecity today...thought i would stop in and say hi to the guy...he turned out to be an a hole

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! :thumbsup: congrats on the barber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread