Happy Ramadan

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I was in the Old City during Ramadan. I stayed in a Catholic Convent ,Ecce Homo, located in the Muslim Quarter, Old City Jerusalem.

I gotta say that if I knew EXACTLY what I was getting into....I would've booked a different time of year to visit.
Never during Ramadan. oh... and Rosh Hashanah happenin' at the same time...it was definitely an action-packed holiday for this midwest gal.

So Happy Ramadan :D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you say Ramadan when it is the 'Month of Ramadan'? An entire moon cycle. The gates of heaven are open to all prayers, and they will be answered. Well, I'm just giving you a hard time. Most of the guys that work for me are from west Africa and are Muslims. We have a good time at the end of the month of Ramadan. The best thing is that I have taught them that we can all have a good time at Christmas. They caught on to that real quick. And it was pretty cool to come into the store and havin Muslim cashiers tellin you 'merry Christmas'. We're all the same, after you peel off the layers of varnish society has applied to us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread