Happy to be finding new sites where I did not expect them.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
For the last several years I have been hunting on my friends farm property, the site of an old home that was demolished in the mid 1990's. The finds are getting few and far between there. I have just recently been pleasantly surprised to learn from old maps that there were once three more, and probably four more home sites on their farm, that were long gone before my friends purchased the farm in the 1950's. These sites are located in fields that are currently in tall corn stubble, with those darn tanglesome weeds in between the rows. I have hit two of the home sites in the last 10 days, and made some preliminary finds. Also found but not pictured are 6 axe heads, and 3 flat irons. I can't wait to hit these sites when I can get the coil closer to the ground. The IH's are 186?, 1889, 1898, and the wheats 1909 & 1918. I would suspect there to be some silver somewhere. HH
A finds 2.JPG A finds5.JPG A#77 in hand back side.JPG A#79 in hand.JPG A#81 in hand.JPG A #85 1861 IH on leg.JPG A #87 back side.JPG A #87 domed button.JPG A 111514 finds C resized.JPG A 111614 finds C.JPG A close up1.JPG

Upvote 9

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds dude...you best be looking at old maps if you like finding goods like that!:laughing7:

Would you post a pic of that button cleaned..PLEASE.

GOD Bless

Chris

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice relics, buttons and coins, nice!

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those home sites can be real producers. Congrats.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some nice stuff!, with 3 sites on that property sounds like you have some good ground to hit, I'd bet my left arm (I need the right to swing my coil) that there's some silver there

Good luck!!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you have a lot of good hunting ahead of you and anticipate you're going to pull a lot of really nice targets from those spots. I'm envious of your site.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some nice stuff already .
love the decorative flat button , I dug one similar last week.
That place should keep you busy for awhile.

Davers

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds dude...you best be looking at old maps if you like finding goods like that!:laughing7:

Would you post a pic of that button cleaned..PLEASE.

GOD Bless

Chris
Here you go Chris, sorry for the delays. I am still pretty uninformed about buttons, so would appreciate any info you or others could give me about this one, such as age, and what to call it.. domed, stamped. etc., etc. Thank you.
B1.JPG B3.JPG

frojones

May 3, 2014
Wise, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historicaerials.com is my best friend for finding new sites to hunt! Here lately the site has been kinda screwy on my phone and tablet though. It tends to get these thick black grid lines once I zoom in so far. Still a valuable resource when looking for old home sites though!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go Chris, sorry for the delays. I am still pretty uninformed about buttons, so would appreciate any info you or others could give me about this one, such as age, and what to call it.. domed, stamped. etc., etc. Thank you.
View attachment 1084347 View attachment 1084348

I don't know much about old buttons either ' Cause I don't find many'
but yours is Concave , Cool Still considered Flat???
Imo yours likely pre-dates mine as mine has a Back Mark & yours seems not to.
Many of the oldest buttons from what I have learned were made of Pewter and many early buttons don't have back marks.
I suppose your decorative button could have been locally made by someone or was made by a a Smaller Button maker in the MD area.
again Nice Finds

Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread