Harbor Freight, BH Tracker IV, Pinpointer and Axe Handles

Plata

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and Happy New Year everyone! I bought myself a Harbor Freight Metal Detector for Christmas. It was really bad so I did my research and thanks to this forum, I decided to buy the BJ Tracker IV. I returned the Metal detector and printed a Hobby Lobby coupon for 40% off which allowed me to buy the BH Tracker IV. While at HF I also picked up a 25% off anything coupon and was able to buy a HF pinpointer that they have there. I then searched the woods behind my house and was exited to find a bottle cap and two really old looking axe handles. I'm hooked! The BH does make a a BIG difference.

Here is the HF coupon only good for today Jan. 1:
http://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/newhome11/images/25off-jan1-2013b.jpg

Here is the Hobby Lobby coupon:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/dynamic/_weekly.coupon/2013_1_coupon.gif

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very wise choice for a first detector.

koho99

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Youngsville, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Platinum
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tell me hows the pin pointer working? Is it really worth sticking in a hole?

OP
OP
P

Plata

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Its a very handy tool!

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice i got the BH Discovery 1100 it a great detector for a nice cost just got it yester day and already found some coinage. did not know HF had the pinepointer.. read up on it .. it says it detects in all direction so how does it works as a pinpointer .. I am going to get one as soon as i can even if it does not dectec as the 70 to the 100 dollars ones. Like to know

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion on the HB pinpointer is that it's total crap but if it works for you and makes you happy then I can't argue with that.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a freebie type. That's about as long as a short sword, but the point is wp. They even tell me it stinks. I told them to keep it. So they sent me two. I still have them in the box but actually might give one a try. This ones the Vmax or something. If it works half way decent I'll use it till Garrett pinpointer comes. A good one "really" helps cut down search time in the whole

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go to youtube, search pinpointer reviews. they have a hf vs whites, vs garrett pro. buy thr hf for 16 bucks and drink beer with the other 134 bucks

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ohhh. That's Harbor Freight. Didn't know they had one. I'll check out vid.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ohhh it's Harbor Freight. I'll check out the vid. I know I can get Garrett pro for 115. But if I can save 100. Then more beer for me and the guys.

wingman57

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son ordered me a pin pointer from HF and it works awesome... I have metal plate and screws in my leg and it will locate it with no problems....

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My free one I got from KellyCo has been working good. I'm surprised because I only heard complaints. As long as its close or touching it works. The pro pointer might be more sensitive but at the moment I'm happy. Though I'll still get another for backup.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Well if it's a Auto Max then just take it apart and see what's inside that people over pay for and you'll settle for a HF until your rich enough for the other bling . The budget minded by what they can afford and keep the rest for themselves .
IMHO~ Woodstock
My free one I got from KellyCo has been working good. I'm surprised because I only heard complaints. As long as its close or touching it works. The pro pointer might be more sensitive but at the moment I'm happy. Though I'll still get another for backup.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The auto max was the light saber looking one right? About 18" long+. I got 2 for free plus I got a pointer that's probably close to the harbor freight one. I'll check HF site for pointer.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this the pinpointer in upper left corner?

image-1303988691.jpg

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my harbor freight will out find any high dollar pin pointer

when I get the damn thing to work right...

some one should do a pin pointer shoot out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread