Hard cases?

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in the process of trying to secure a few specific old currency notes... And I am interested in putting each one into an --individual-- hard case for display in my collection (semi dark room, not in front of a window or anything) leaning upright on a Riker display stand or the like...

I don't plan to ever remove the note, But I want a NON permanent method in case I decide to send it off for grading or something... And I want a 100% SAFE product (PVC free???)

I can't find any good information doing the usual internet research, and I am not interested in the semi-rigid laminate type sleeves or pages.

I am not a numismatic collector, so I am pretty much in the dark about stuff like this... Any help would be appreciated.

For old currency notes, is a non-airtight storage/display method ideal or recommended?

When I was a kid, They used to have acrylic-like hard cases for individual autographed baseball cards... They had plastic turnlock-like fasteners in each corner and sandwiched the item tightly in between making it impervious to an accidental drop or the like... Is something like this still around?

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread