Hard rock mining

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold tramp... Can you give some information on the vehicle, the part you need and if it is for the engine, what size and configuration (i.e. Flathead 6, V8 or other)? If not, what part is it that you need? Also, is the part for the 1941 Dodge Weapons Carrier you wrote about earlier? If so, I believe they had a Flathead 6. If that is what it is, then they have some parts on eBay but there are a few old Dodge Weapons Carriers, Military trucks and even old Dodge civlian trucks around here. Maybe I could find the part but I don't know how long it would take.

Frank
======================================================
Agreed,,, what part(s) are you looking for or need? I have access to quite a bit of stuff,, if I can help,, I will.

Hit

Plbnyn

Nov 23, 2014
East of Chico ca
Detector(s) used
Sight and good looks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just crush n run no stocking of the crushed rock.
its fine to stack on ground dont use plastic it rotts and end up in the grind, i use tin for the fine stuff, hope one day to get a wooden hopper built.

If i was you, i would bring some down we will see what we can do with it.

We get our drums from an old pit mine, just have to drag them up a 300 foot tail pile, some even have lids and no bullet holes.

GT.....................

YOu talk my wife into letting me drive there and I'll talk your wife into having an share game size couch dweller and we will get together when I can schedule some time. Kind of getting busy here with work and building a house and volleyball and squeezing in two ta three hours a week getting ore. Been able to see with loupe some small pieces of gold so I know that I am not getting road base anymore. We will meet and I'll bring some of my things and watch your operation and talk over a beer or two it will happen. Plbnyn

khalid Hussain

Greenie
Nov 18, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426595575.513494.jpg

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Khalid. I am having a hard time understanding your posts if English is not you language there are many web sites that translate. I think that the rock you showed us is all gold is this true?

I think he trying to say that nature itself is the true gold.
GT.............

khalid Hussain

Greenie
Nov 18, 2014
I am living Gilgit city Pakistan sea to sky high level I mean all mine are pure sun shine full my English is not good you right

Disfunctional

Feb 9, 2015
British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought you might like to see an alternative to hauling buckets full of ore, if you have a reasonably flat path. This steerable ore car is on display in the town nearby.

Attachments

• IMG_20150325_121301_1.jpg
    IMG_20150325_121301_1.jpg
    930.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20150325_121213_1.jpg
    IMG_20150325_121213_1.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Plbnyn

Nov 23, 2014
East of Chico ca
Detector(s) used
Sight and good looks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Khalid practice your English here. Is your picture of your gold. What elevation are you mining and it is good to have you on the forum

Disfunctional

Feb 9, 2015
British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your rule#2. I've had a setback with transportation here. Truck had too many problems and had to let it go. Now I'm stuck with hiking a few miles from my base camp to town for supplies and about the same distance to a new claim I'm planning on staking this week.

I can relate to the lack of funds and urge to get things done. Old injuries and age are catching up with alot of miners. Was a time when I did roofing for a living and could pack bundles of shingles up a ladder and across the slant of some pretty steep roofs without a thought of resting or safety concerns. Now it hurts in places I'd just as soon not specify, just getting in and out of a vehicle.

I don't have the fan base that you have here, but then who wants to watch a 50's plus guy with 60's plus aches and pains, trying to do the work of a 30's ish miner? I'll keep plugging away at the hard rock mining, but finances are such that some placer work will be needed for me to continue with the hard rock. In my area few make big bucks with either type of mining, but I found placer profitable and more consistent. I only did panning but like you say, its not the most exciting time I've had. But I can pan 12 hours straight and still be functional. Not sure I'll be able to say the same after the same time spent swinging a pick.

Hope you find a volunteer camera person to follow your exploits. Still pics and/or video would help to show your audience what your up against. Lots of people don't have a clue what its like. I'm curious to find out if you've done much blasting? I think I may need to do some and I may have to watch some YouTube videos to see what I can expect. Too bad I sold my exploder a few years back before having a chance to use it. Live and learn.

Hope the things you need find their way to you before you need them. (I've resorted to advertising on kijiji for a free or dirt cheap quad. The labored breathing and occasional chest pain when climbing hills with a pack was incentive enough to place the ad.)

Good luck!

Plbnyn

Nov 23, 2014
East of Chico ca
Detector(s) used
Sight and good looks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GT,

Might try a local high school for a camera person may of the high schools up in the north have video classes. Doesn't make them good but it does get ya a camera crew of sorts. Your fighting the rising heat and I'm fighting Mosquitos I feel you are luckier. Worked in coachella for a spell

fatman45

Feb 23, 2015
Nevada Test Site
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is the URL of your website? I tried the one in your profile www.bbminingco.com and it doesn't work. Looked up the domain name on GoDaddy and it says it is available. BTW love your thread here it's great!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb, I'd love to come down there and spend a few weeks mining
with y'all and shooting pics for ya, but in that heat I *might* last an
hour. By the second day you and the boys would be digging my grave
instead of gold...
digging_zpsefcf9a69.gif~original

Funny thing...just a few days ago I was thinking about those
African bees, and wondered if they were ever an issue for you.
Stay away from those little beasties!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Leaving this site we just dont fit in here.
One can find us at our mill or in the bush mining.

Well that's just a steam emitting pile of nonsense Tramp .

What makes you think yall don't fit in here anyhow ??

I think yall fit just fine . Hell ..... it's just a place to shoot
the schit , see what other folks are finding and show some
of what your finding in turn .

I don't even see "fitting in " as an issue.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread