Hardaway vs George Washington Buttons?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Every George Washington button that's found makes the banner, I don't know why, been about 500 of them found since I've been a member of Tnet...are they really that rare? I've seen two Hardaways and neither of them made the banner...most likely because WE aren't voting for them. They are rare and at a minimum, worthy of a vote in my humble opinion.

For those of you that don't know....nothing in this forum simply comes up for a vote....individually, we have to submit votes by clicking on the "nominate for banner" button. Click on it, give a quick thought or two regarding why you think something should be considered...done. It doesn't hurt to "advertise" that you voted...sometimes a member is on the fence about casting a vote and needs a simple push.

It's tough to get a Northern American artifact on the banner generally speaking because they are so common but a Hardaway?!!!! None one would think twice about a Clovis because of the love affair that we have with the type but I think a Hardaway should be as highly regarded.....for the same reasons that we love Clovis.

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with your post! Hardaway in one area and a specific point from another area needs special commendation. Also voting banner for an artifact just beacuse the finder is well liked is being biased.
We all need to consider a banner vote on the true merits of the locality that it was found.

Just my two cents worth!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I never have voted for a piece to go banner, without the mention from another member. Or, should I say, suggestion of another. I agree the Hardaway should be a banner. When I started here, I posted my absolute best finds, along with my worst. My Folsom should be banner, had I already been a member here. What I'm saying, the rule of banner needs to be, only finds that a member finds after becoming an established member. The Hardaway finder is well established, and deserves votes. He hunts his tale off. I don't think artifact collectors really care much about the added glory of banner. Still, I can't see anyone frowning on their find making the list.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I was shocked the banner stone found a week or so ago didn't make the banner. That blows my mind. The hardaway is a great find too.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I tend to vote for things that I enjoy and know are not found all that often.With that said I dont know 1 point fron another and dont want to research some thing I really dont enjoy that is probaly why they dont make banner, no bias just not enough intrest.If some body collected beer cans and found 1 that had only been made for 1 hour so it was the holly grail of beer cans how many people would you expect to vote banner?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we have always had a high bar in artifacts. There was a once upon a time when an artifact never made banner. Everyone posting is right though. Problem is the site as a whole does not always understand what we are doing or finding but as this section is growing pretty fast maybe that will change? As far as GW buttons I stand by my post in that section that they are taking the rare out of rarity with so many being found. It is still a stellar find as is the Hardaway. But in my opinion you will probably find more Hardaways in collections than GW buttons. Different demographics.
Now if each section had its own banner bar we would have that puppy full and looking good with all the finds from here.

P.s
Mods have nothing to do with banners it is the members. I vote just like you do. Peace!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions