DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oldsledz

Apr 7, 2007
Mid MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Tesoro
I have never been there so I can't help with you questions.
I don't know if they do any metal detecting but they have been making a nice donation to the Michigan Treasure Hunters fall hunt for years.

RES283

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2011
Southgate, Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Name of the store is American Jewelry and Loan. 20450 Greenfield, just south of 8 Mile. Not a great neighborhood, but your life will not be in danger. I wouldn't leave my '65 Mustang parked on the street overnight, but to go in the store during the day ---- no problem.
A lot of the stuff in the store is on their website. http://www.americanjewelryonline.com/

dennisj

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2008
Saline, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Compass Magnum, 705 mine lab
Primary Interest:
Other
Just look at the folks who go in there, that should give you a clue. Pretty shakey hood. The address is 20450 Greenfield rd just north of 8 mile, 313 345 4000

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
It only took me one episode to figure out that it was that network's attempt to blend Pawn Stars with Jerry Springer!
Let us know if you went and how it was.

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually used to work on 14 mile, and industrial and would have to travel down to that area quite often. It's the not worst, yet not the safest region where you want to be. I think you'll be fine as long as you go there and conduct your business then leave. Oh, as always remember your 2nd Ammendment. :)

Sluice Box

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother went there he said it's not a hyped up show, those morons actually come in there store and act that way all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread