Hardstone Artifact(Bannerstone)

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey friends - Wanted to post a hardstone out of my collection. Thanks for all the likes and kind comments on my previous posts. Have a blessed day! royster points4.jpg

Upvote 0

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't see them often, that's a beautiful butterfly. Wonder about the age of that artifact. Nice symetry also, wonder how they make it. Thanks mogi for showing.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
You sure are pulling out some impressive pieces.
Most authenticators appreciate having their name associated with fine genuine artifacts. It's good for their business i am sure you probably know.
I am also wondering why feel the need to keep them in obscurity.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are all the artifacts you have been posting all purchased by you? Is there any you have found just curious as all of them have looked museum quality like they were made and never used until found. I'm sure you can see why people are skeptical with some of your recent posts. If they truly are authentic than they are amazing and thanks for the pics.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
So are all the artifacts you have been posting all purchased by you? Is there any you have found just curious as all of them have looked museum quality like they were made and never used until found. I'm sure you can see why people are skeptical with some of your recent posts. If they truly are authentic than they are amazing and thanks for the pics.

Thank you sir. My collection consists of personal finds,purchases and trades. I am very,very blessed to have many friends who are collectors,archaeologists and also authenticate as well. I put in many,many hours under the scope, and study consistently. There is not a single piece that is guaranteed 100% authentic. Simply for the reason that said person was not there and did not see it being made. But i examine all my pieces and then have them C.O.A'd sometimes by multiple experts. Even if someone examines a piece and is standing and speaking with collectors or authenticators who approved a piece - they will still make their own judgement. I do personally promise you one thing. Every piece that i have put up on this site has not only been scrutinized by myself - they ALL have at least 1 paper on them. I appreciate your comments and hope that we continue to correspond. Much respect, Mogi

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Mogi!!!Just because someone say it's authentic only knows what they were taught. There more to a story some times. I cannot tell you if a indigenous person made a stone.
I can tell you if it was touched by the priest. Here you guys go and question this guy who has some very nice pieces.what difference does it make if he bought or found them. There are a lot of people that buy theirs. Although I haven't. Listen ,there are some of you out there think you are the authentication experts. You missed the mark on some pieces. You can call me what ever you want. If I had such a nice collection as he. I would be showing it too. IF I Showd My Collection I Could Imagine What You Would Be saying.Most Of You People On Here I'm Not Talking about. They know who they are. All I'm really saying is, there is and will all ways be something new out there. Have an open mind and knowledge will find its way in. Mogi thanks for sharing your very nice collection.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir. My collection consists of personal finds,purchases and trades. I am very,very blessed to have many friends who are collectors,archaeologists and also authenticate as well. I put in many,many hours under the scope, and study consistently. There is not a single piece that is guaranteed 100% authentic. Simply for the reason that said person was not there and did not see it being made. But i examine all my pieces and then have them C.O.A'd sometimes by multiple experts. Even if someone examines a piece and is standing and speaking with collectors or authenticators who approved a piece - they will still make their own judgement. I do personally promise you one thing. Every piece that i have put up on this site has not only been scrutinized by myself - they ALL have at least 1 paper on them. I appreciate your comments and hope that we continue to correspond. Much respect, Mogi

Releasing the names of these friends who authenticate your pieces would go a long way in easing some of the doubts on your pieces. Just sayin'.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks like a J & Dee coa john royster...

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
"There is not a single piece that is guaranteed 100% authentic. Simply for the reason that said person was not there and did not see it being made."

Now if you are speaking about YOUR collection, that said volumes.

I can guarantee my artifacts even though I or any authenticator never saw them made.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's where I have seen those before. I thought it looked familiar.

Makes sense now. lol
Sad how many blatant fakes are being sold with coa's, really is a racket that ruins this hobby.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad how many blatant fakes are being sold with coa's, really is a racket that ruins this hobby.

ban1.jpg ban2.jpg ban3.jpg ban4.jpg ban5.jpg This piece did not come with a C.O.A., so the authenticator had no money or special interest in the artifact. If you can not see the patina that is all over it,very,very evident conical drilling at its best,pecking and imperfect symmetry from the making of the artifact from imperfect tooling, then you definitely do not have to view my pieces. Just skip them and move on to the ones that you would like to view.

Last edited:

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
it looks like a J & Dee coa john royster...

From the site:

NOTE: RECENTLY I HAVE DISCOVERED ON A CERTAIN AUCTION SITE (Eb##) THAT THERE ARE SOME REPRODUCED COA'S THAT LOOK LIKE MY COA'S BUT HAVE BEEN ALTERED WITH A DIFFERENT ARTIFACT ON THEM. I KEEP COPIES OF ALL THE ARTIFACTS THAT I HAVE ISSUED COA'S ON SO IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT ABOUT THE CERTIFICATE, THEN PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER AND DATE AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO VERIFY THE COA FOR YOU.

That's the ONLY reason I can think of why we're not allowed to see the whole 'Certificate of Opinion' for these, otherwise why bother.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread