"Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
"Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Hi all, Haven't been posting much as I haven't been finding much!...Few 40%ers here and there. That's all, so have been taking some time off from CRHing. Well, today was bright and sunny, so took "Riley" for a nice ride to an area I hardly ever go. First stop produced a very nice Ben Franklin 1953-D from a teller's tray. After a few more banks,....nothing. Was heading out of the area and made a wrong turn which got me a little lost. While trying to right myself, I turned on none other than "HARTFORD" Road. Had to go up and circle around and suddenly there was a Bank of America I had never been to. Well...you guessed it!...one of the tellers had Ben's twin brother and two other 40%ers in her tray. Thought to myself...."finding silver on "HARTFORD" Rd. How about that! Our Commander and Chief and best friend, Rich Hartford, must have been thinking of me today.
Thanks Rich!
rileyboy and "Riley"

Attachments

• 1021001423.jpg
    1021001423.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 359
  • 1021001422_0001.jpg
    1021001422_0001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Cool find on a cool street :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I live a few blocks from a "Hartford Ave." All the houses are from the 18th century. Some occupied,some mini museums, with signs that say "Washington took a nap here",Lafayette ate corn on the cob here" and "Rochambeau used the outhouse here". There is an old bank near the town green called "Ye Most Auncient Towne Bank"Lots of old silver sat there before it became a library. Would have liked to have hit that place when it was a bank,but that was a little bit before my time.
HH
Rich

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is it!! Thanks Rileyboy!! I'm putting my house on Skunk Street up for sale tomorrow!!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Rich,
I absolutely had to chuckle when I saw the name of the street and then scored some silver.
What a fun day!
rileyboy

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

rileyboy said:
Rich,
I absolutely had to chuckle when I saw the name of the street and then scored some silver.
What a fun day!
rileyboy

That is kind of funny. Maybe you should order a couple of boxes from them.
I'm going to see if I can find a bank on the Riley Turnpike. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I find a bank on roads named "Hartford" or "Riley" I will be sure to stop in. :laughing9:

apush :read2:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good score, :thumbsup: :laughing7:
HH..Miner

Top Member Reactions