has any one found gold with the 18 inch clean sweep?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely!!! :thumbsup:

I used my Clean Sweep Coil on the Tiger Shark because of the good amount of coverage and not having to over lap sweeps as much at busy beaches with lots of other hunters. Granted the 3X18 inch coil is only about 7 inches deep max. it is also not as affected by mineralization as other coils so it can be used in wet sand.

The only down side to the coil is it is not made for the Tiger Shark any more and the new Tiger Sharks and Sand Sharks are hard wired so can't use them. Tesoro's web site shows the CSC available for use on many of the land detectors. You pinpoint off the tip or heel or even one of the corners. Tesoro should produce these coils for the Tiger Shark again for those of us that have the older Tiger Sharks and Sand Sharks as these detectors will last for decades.

http://www.losttreasure.com/content...ld-test-report-tesoro-clean-sweep-search-coil

Attachments

• COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 534
  • COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 549

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 18" Bigfoot on my old XLT and its much the same as the Cleansweep though with the advantage of "absolute value" as a setting (you can use the full length or half).
When mucking up my times for beach hunting and arriving before the tide has started to retreat or a stiff wind is blowing the waves much further up than normal its handy to work the top dry strip for recent losses. Whilst a Sovereign user is still slowly sweeping the first hundred yards I'm quarter of a mile down the beach really covering ground.

The depth loss compared to standard coils doesn't matter as your going for maximum ground coverage rather than depth and will get out to the less used areas way away from the beach entrance points that are not used as much but also don't get the attention of most detectorists.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread