Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
if ya find any boxed marbles like camel brand from japan they are good sellers....even empty boxes are worth 20$ or more and vintage marble ads and medals and trophies....i think marbles would be an easy sell there...i have tons of em!!! are you goin to a flea mkt or sumptin like that???

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duffytrash said:
if ya find any boxed marbles like camel brand from japan they are good sellers....even empty boxes are worth 20$ or more and vintage marble ads and medals and trophies....i think marbles would be an easy sell there...i have tons of em!!! are you goin to a flea mkt or sumptin like that???
I just bought 15-20 old marbles a few weeks ago. good idea to bring. I have no idea where I will be going to sell things. I have family over there and will be visiting them. I will look for antique stores to buy and sell.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold a few Zippo lighters to Japanese buyers. They love 'em. The ones they bought were fairly rare though.

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Some Japanese like to collect advertisment dolls, and they also like to buy items that are marked "made in occupied japan" so that they may destroy that memory.. Have fun in Japan. Are you going to buy and antiques? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grebo said:
Do you have any Native American jewelry/items?
do you mean Indian jewelry? Probably a few pieces. not the best turquoise, more on the greenish side. I like bisbee blue. Do you think that might sell? I need to travel light.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Japanese love all things American. There was a post on here not too long ago, you replied to it as a matter of fact.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,451253.0.html
Every purchase these guys make gets sent to Japan, so I would check out the feedback of some of their usernames to see what the Japanese have been buying up as of late.
I haven't looked myself but i'm sure you'll see a wide variety of items. Like I said they love ALL things American. Here are the names- flight2ams, flight2bid, flight2bos, flight2cdg, flight2cts, flight2fra, flight2fuk, flight2hnd, flight2iad, flight2icn, flight2itm, flight2kix, flight2lax, flight2lhr, flight2nrt, flight2nyc, flight2ord, flight2pek, flight2pvg, flight2sfo, flight2sin, flight2syd.

Dig-m-Deep

Jul 18, 2011
One thing that comes to mind is old fishing lures, I have never failed to get Japanese bids on old wooden lures. Good luck on your trip

Buff4

Feb 14, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The most popular things I have sold to Japan over the years were items by Coleman....especially lanterns for 100.00-300.00. They seam to like the older red ones. (60's & 70's)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread