Has anybody tried CRHing at "Checks Cashed" places?

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are a CRHer from the ghetto, then you know exactly what I am talking about. These are places where people go and cash their paychecks and usually end up paying a fee to cash checks. Some of these places also do currency conversion and other stuff depending on if you are in a high-tourist high-traffic area, but has anybody ever found a rhyme or reason to try asking for coins from these places? My CRH spidy sense tells me to check them out, but I just can't bring myself to walk in to them without having a good lead. I would love to hear if anybody here has had luck, or thinks this is a dumb idea. I hope you are all finding all sorts of silver today!

Best,

WB

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Weaselbrott said:
If you are a CRHer from the ghetto, then you know exactly what I am talking about. These are places where people go and cash their paychecks and usually end up paying a fee to cash checks. Some of these places also do currency conversion and other stuff depending on if you are in a high-tourist high-traffic area, but has anybody ever found a rhyme or reason to try asking for coins from these places? My CRH spidy sense tells me to check them out, but I just can't bring myself to walk in to them without having a good lead. I would love to hear if anybody here has had luck, or thinks this is a dumb idea. I hope you are all finding all sorts of silver today!

Best,

WB

Dawg it works

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg it works

What have you snagged up from them? How much silver? Tell me more, Em! I have a whole bunch of these in the city by my office, and I would love to clear them out of their coinage.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people pretending to be famous people need to...get a life.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weaselbrott said:

Best,

WB

Why would people cashing there checks be bring these places coins. So they can get 200 dollar instead of 198.25. Give it a try but I would see them as a net distributor of coins not a place that will accumulate customer coins.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
What have you snagged up from them? How much silver? Tell me more, Em! I have a whole bunch of these in the city by my office, and I would love to clear them out of their coinage.

dawg Im just pplayin' idk

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
In my experience, most of the people from gas stations, pawn shops, liquor stores and check cashing places generally know their coins pretty well. They might not know the value, but they know a silver certificate or a silver half dollar when they see one. I know a local gas station which the manager has an impressive collection of crisp uncirculated $1 and $5 silver certificates (including a star note or 2 and some series 1934 ones!) that they accumulated after someone raided grandpa's bill collection to buy smokes and chew.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought about it but I don't think it would produce. When I worked at the bank, the local check cashing store regularly bought large amounts of coin for their store so I don't think they would have any feral coins, only previously domesticated ones!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread