Has anybody used this site for research?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a comment about panning on facebook and someone posted this link The Diggings?: Free Mining Claim Maps And Reports

You can search mines, owners, and mining regions all over the country. Two spots I found are less than three miles from my home. I did a little further digging. One is right on a beach that I spotted heavy streaks of Magnetite last summer. Here is what it said about that beach. I didn't like the last comment though.
==================
Gold, platinum, and titanium, metal deposits are documented at "_ _ _ _ _ Beach." Gold is present at a grade sufficient to have a strong effect on the economics of an excavation project. It may even be viable as the only commodity mined. Platinum can be economically recovered from this site but would have little effect on the viability of the mining project. The titanium, metal at this site is economically interesting but not currently recoverable.

At the time this deposit was surveyed, there was a small scale production. Mining opporations could be year-round, intermittent, or seasonal. Production at "_ _ _ _ _ Beach" began in 1855. In 1914, production concluded.
=================

See photo, look at those black sands. Ignore the lady, that's just my wife enjoying the view. We had just finished buying a lot for our new home in that town.

Attachments

• 20160314_144039.jpg
    20160314_144039.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend showed me that site and uses it. I like the way you can see the mining claims. Its great for colorado with all the mines in the Mountains. Its fun to see what's around you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions