mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
my family & I went a few yrs back. didn't find anything, but it was fun diggin. Didn't find anything though, nor did anyone else while I was there. they provide everything you need. they even have seperate sluices (?) for you. the only thing I would bring is plenty of drinking water, & wear old funky clothes. I liked diggin crystals up at Ron Coleman mines outside of Jesseville better. have never walked away from there dissapointed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say some people set out and dig deep holes . When they do that they seem to have pretty good luck ?

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
there is a museum/ gift shop there that displays some of the finds & a "copy" of the big one found there several yrs back. & there is a guy that digs pretty much every day. He finds a lot, usually small, but hey, small would be good. it was too hot for me to put much effort into digging. good luck if you go, & share pix with us.

Upvote 0

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I've taken the family there twice, it was hot both times. If we go again it will be in a cooler month. We looked all day, I kept everything that looked like something. I took all of my treasures up to a booth to have them help me identify them "You have some mica, quartz crystal, bottom of a coke bottle....", etc. It's fun to do but don't expect to find much.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread