has anyone ever found a cannon before???

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
how come then?????? i dnt wanna be stubborn but i would think there are some stashed out there somewheres..................actually i think i kno, correct me if im wrong but lets say i found a spanish chest full o bullion... if i posted a pic up i think they would be knocking at my door, in a few hours, is this the same on the east coast???

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
chong2mry said:
how come then?????? i dnt wanna be stubborn but i would think there are some stashed out there somewheres..................actually i think i kno, correct me if im wrong but lets say i found a spanish chest full o bullion... if i posted a pic up i think they would be knocking at my door, in a few hours, is this the same on the east coast???
Yeah, I :omay keep that post to myself in VA.

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are rumors all over the place of hidden cannons. There was a fort blown up in my town so the south couldn't get the munitions. They say that the 2 cannons were thrown into the well. I've been up quite a few time, I just can't find where the well was. I have found bullets with the sides pressed flat from supposedly being stacked together and blown up.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2mry, there is also another reason that cannons are not found all over. Besides the fact that most were collected up at the end of the war. Those that were left out on abandoned battlefields and in the woods, because of their weight, would today be deeper than say your average light weight bullet. Because of the weight, they sink DEEP into the earth. Usually at a depth of 2 feet or more.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Yea... they were prolly all dragged off by someone... anyone... ending back up at a mil fort or in some town park.

That's not the kinda thing you drop and then turn around and ask: "Where did I drop that cannon ... damn it's in the tall grass, lost forever!"

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
still, im sure out of all the thousands out there, there must have been a few buried in fear of being captured or being captured. if some one does have one, would be nice to see a anynomous pic.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
{Sentinel} said:
chong2mry, there is also another reason that cannons are not found all over. Besides the fact that most were collected up at the end of the war. Those that were left out on abandoned battlefields and in the woods, because of their weight, would today be deeper than say your average light weight bullet. Because of the weight, they sink DEEP into the earth. Usually at a depth of 2 feet or more.

i dont know what kind of detector you are using but most of them will pick something that big up at 2 feet.....may get an overload signal and just pass it by but it will pick it up

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
if i got a overload in any field or woods, i would for sure check it. about that cannon ball, woulda been better on display at a museum than back in the ground:( cool find tho

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
wow. see i knew that there were some out there. how big was it? did you get to dig it up?

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
there is a cannon in a little lake by elefant mt in real co texas owners dont care

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
chong2mry said:
chit bet that ak will keep them away

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Roadquest,where did you bury that cannonball at? ;D

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
3rdof8,
My question is where were you digging this cannon? Sounds like a great place to hunt now.
Have you been back?
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread