Has anyone ever gotten their marked coins back?

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure this question has been asked but I don't want to go back through 500 plus pages just to try and find out. If you do or if you have marked coins, have you ever got that coin back in MWRs? If you have, how long did it take to get recycled through the system? Maybe you have gotten the same coin back, an odd coin or one you remember getting before? Just wondering what the turn around is on some of these coins. I'm sure there isn't a formula to calculate it. I have marked ( I mean remember seeing a few marked coins, THAT SOMEONE ELSE DID ) back in March n April and just now I'm able to get a box a week and I'm wondering if I'll ever see those coins again.
FOOTNOTE : I would never or would ever encourage any marking or defacing of American coinage!
Happy 4th of July, Happy Birthday America!

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes. 3 weeks. Ive gotten one coin back at least 5 times now since it is holed twice and is very dirty, I know its the same one.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_9005.JPG

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little over a year ago I marked 2000 halves with an "F" on the face. I did this only to see if and/or when I would see them again. No other reason, just for fun. I still have not seen any of them since the day I marked them. Since then, I have not marked a single coin.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I have. About a year ago I had a badly worn clad dime obverse. So smooth was the front that I was able to etch in my initials and month/year: "DozD 8/13". Then this late spring, when checking a box of dimes my marked dime showed up again.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see gonna depend all on your location-
I did $2000 worth a yr ago and with in 3 weeks saw more than $500 of them and then more over then next several weeks-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends if you dump into the same system you are searching... otherwise it takes a LONG time to come back... I dont pickup from any of my dumps.

Ive had some come back to me, and all were 7-8 months old or older. so it went through some hands before getting back to me, which is fine, cause if you think about it, we are all searching other peoples dumps anyways, just hoping for some idiot to dump silver in with the mix :)

HH

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I only mark the 88 pennies I check for the RDV-006 and I have gotten a total of 3 back out of probably 1,000+ over the past year, but that's pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread