Has anyone ever seen/used these little suckers?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mytimetoshine started a thread on the G&S hand dredge. It was because of this that I discovered these. I got $100 bucks from my mom for Christmas and could buy both. Need some reviews please! Ps, you will likely get a chuckle at the end of the first video.:laughing7:

I Googled barrel gold suction and found these two for starters. Interesting as I had not seen them before and the descriptions and performance match what desertdog described in the previously mentioned thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELTMOUNT-HA...11220296567&

Dryland Wet Dry Hand Dredge Prospector Nugget Sluice Gold Sucker Crevice Pump | eBay

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
GRASSHOPPER!!!!!!!! I can send you plans for a snipe gun that will only run you $10 to build yourself! I believe that we've talked about it before during one of our phone conversations. Let me know here or call me

Sensi Jeff

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is a Keene one I bought for around $30-35. But like Jeff said yoou can make it for $10. When I first got it i made a bunchof "custom" tips , but in all honesty I use the stock one 99% of the time. It also works great for flushing out a crack. I never go crackin without it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130924_210724.jpg
    IMG_20130924_210724.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 213

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a Keene one I bought for around $30-35. But like Jeff said yoou can make it for $10. When I first got it i made a bunchof "custom" tips , but in all honesty I use the stock one 99% of the time. It also works great for flushing out a crack. I never go crackin without it.

Looks like a "gold buddy nugget sucker magnum" lol funny name but they work!

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am working with smaller amounts of material, like cracks and crevices, I will use one of these gold suckers. The one on top is a 2 inch super gold sucker with a barrel 20 inches long, and an adapter that lets you use 3 smaller nozzles with it. The bottom one is a 1.5 inch sniper with a barrel 12 inches long. It uses the 3 nozzles below it. I use the sniper in dry crevices by first cleaning out all I can dry, then pouring in water and sucking it back out with the sniper.
small hand dredge combo.jpg

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The first one I am looking at attaches to your belt, which keeps it in place and allows the other hand to snipe away. The vacuum generated by the bellow is equivalent to a V8 engine at idle. Still looks good to me.

Last edited:

frankly

Greenie
Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Home built.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking into these myself, they look a bit flimsy and some are too bulky to carry very far. I was thinking of having a smaller more portable one made of aluminium built.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm leaning towards a longer slimmer version now, based on what I learned last time out. I still like the belt hook up tho. In the end, I want more quantity, less time fiddling with emptying it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread