has anyone found any boxes of 2009 dimes?

SilverMiser

Sep 2, 2009
Hi SilverCop,

I've been to at least 30 banks and have not found any new rolls of dimes or nickels. I am in So. CAL.
I always ask the tellers if they have seen any new rolls and they all say no. Several have told me they usually see them around the holidays toward year end.
Get on the US Mint website and read the 2008 annual report. There are some interesting things there. Fed banks ordering less coin, Mint cutting production because of less orders for new coin. Fed banks cutting their year end inventory of coin, Fed banks transferring coin inventory to where it's needed rather than ordering new. Interesting stuff for anyone interested in Coins.

Silver Miser

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Silvercop,

I got a box of the 2009 dimes a few months ago at a BOA. Highest bid on a roll was $65.00. Bought 40 boxes after that and never got another one.
I turned that clad junk into gold :thumbsup:.
Never even seen a 2009 Nickel. Bought a few boxes of Nickels but never got one.

Ugotit posted last week that he ordered something like 30 boxes of dimes. I wonder how he made out.

If I have another lousy week of road tripping maybe I'll go on a dimearama box binge looking for those dimes. I'd rather do that than order skunk half boxes.

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions