Attachments

• SOLA.jpg
    SOLA.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,344
OP
OP
C

curosity

Thank you. No I am not the author of these posts. They have been missing for 5 years now. Was hoping that if indeed the boat has sunk maybe someone has found it or possibly found it. I would like to see my friend again. If not some closure would be nice.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sorry to hear about your friend. I will put the word out to several of my friends who are liveaboards and divers and also to friends in the Bahamas.
Sure hope you hear something.

OP
OP
C

curosity

Thank you I really appreciate your help.

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi,

I live near S.F. Is that a picture of the boat in the Ft. Mason Marina??

Actually it looks like that Bay Bridge in the background therefore not possible to be in Ft. Mason marina. But that name sounds familar for some reason.

You say pier 39...?
Jim

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
"Ornaith was last seen in Oakland on December 16, the day after her estranged husband's disappearance. She owned a 1980 39-foot fiberglass auxillary sailboat named Sola III. The vessel has dark blue circular emblems with one gray swirl painted on both of her sides. Ornaith normally berthed the boat at the Oakland Marina in the Jack London Square area of the city. The vessel disappeared on the same day as Ornaith; it has never been located. The boat was captured on a video surveillance camera pulling out of the Oakland Marina at 8:36 p.m. on December 15. It had about one week's worth of food on it when it disappeared, and no safety or foul weather gear.

Kieran and Ornaith planned to meet on the day of his disappearance to discuss legal issues. Ornaith was seen working on her boat that day. A man fitting Kieran's description was seen near the boat on the evening of his disappearance, but it was never established that the man was in fact Kieran. Witnesses reported hearing loud banging sounds coming from near the Sola III the evening he disappeared. The witnesses could not be sure that the sounds were gunshots, however.

The next day, December 16, Ornaith called her niece from the Sola III. She said she was in a marina in Berkeley. Ornaith's niece invited her to breakfast, but Ornaith declined the invitation. She has never been seen or heard from again.

Ornaith and Kieran are described as a witty, intelligent couple who enjoy reading classic literature. They amassed a small fortune through real estate speculation and have two sons together. Their marriage crumbled after Kieran had an extra-marital affair. Kieran was living in an apartment in the Nob Hill area of San Francisco when he disappeared; Ornaith resided with her niece near Jack London Square in Oakland, near her boat. Both were the defendants of a lawsuit at the time of their disappearance; one of the buildings they owned had caught fire and a child had been badly burned.

Ornaith's family reported her as a missing person from Oakland. The estranged couple may be traveling together aboard the vessel. Another theory is that Ornaith shot Kieran and committed suicide shortly afterwards. There has been no evidence to support this, however, beyond the noises heard by witnesses.

Kieran was supposed to vacation in Mexico shortly after he disappeared. He and Ornaith's sons say it would be uncharacteristic of them to leave without warning. The Sola III was not equipped for an extended cruise and Kieran did not know how to sail it. The United States Coast Guard has been involved in the search for Kieran and Ornaith, but no evidence has been discovered. Neither of the couple's credit cards or bank accounts have been used since their disappearances. Their cases remain unsolved, but their disappearances are considered suspicious."

Looks like she shot him for being unfaithful (and far enough too), dumped his body at sea while sailing to Berkley & then set sail for who knows where.

Come to think of it - there is a strange woman lives with an old guy on the north west coast of Western Australia, they have a yacht, but prefer to live in the wilderness, theres a couple 20,000 gallon concrete rainwater tanks and a spring up on top of the cliff - abandoned by a mining co who operated on a nearby island and used the tanks and gravity to feed the water via an underwater pipeline to the island, when mining there back in the 60's.

This ol couple live there, using the 2nd drained tank as a cyclone shelter, when need arises.
The ol guy brews his own beer - they help out passing yachts with provision of water or fioodstuffs in an emergency.
Who knows- could be her - living a life of retirement.

Wish i could remember their names - there was a 2 page spread in the West Australian Newspaper a while back, all about them...

Leave her in peace I say!

Cheers

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Let her live in peace, I say." What about her husband? Is he living in peace?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Spooky said:
Salvor6 said:
"Let her live in peace, I say." What about her husband? Is he living in peace?

pretty much summed it up there, Salvor6....

Yeah, I mean.. KILLING someone is the same thing as chea......hey.... wait?

So, if I kill someone for cheating on me, it makes murdering them ok?

Hmm..... Good to know...
I've never felt that 'mooring your boat in the wrong slip' was justification for murder :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions