Has anyone had any luck with the ETRAC Factory Jewelry Pattern?

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where you're hunting and how/what kind of junk you're running across. I like to hunt in all metal when possible. When it isn't, I mostly use a modified Andy Sabisch beach pattern. If there's tons of iron junk, I switch to a 2 tone ferrous setting otherwise I like the multi-tone conductive. Gold jewelry can range from 08 to the mid 30's on the conductive side and gold coins even higher so you'll have to dig some sketchy numbers if you don't want to miss anything. The ferrous numbers will stay pretty consistent around the 12 line. I haven't found anything below 10 or higher than 14. It will vary a little depending on the metal that's been alloyed with the gold. Platinum can read even lower on both scales....down in the foil range for small pieces.

OP
OP
looknforgold

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where you're hunting and how/what kind of junk you're running across. I like to hunt in all metal when possible. When it isn't, I mostly use a modified Andy Sabisch beach pattern. If there's tons of iron junk, I switch to a 2 tone ferrous setting otherwise I like the multi-tone conductive. Gold jewelry can range from 08 to the mid 30's on the conductive side and gold coins even higher so you'll have to dig some sketchy numbers if you don't want to miss anything. The ferrous numbers will stay pretty consistent around the 12 line. I haven't found anything below 10 or higher than 14. It will vary a little depending on the metal that's been alloyed with the gold. Platinum can read even lower on both scales....down in the foil range for small pieces.
Thanks..... I try to dig everything around 11-12 on the Ferrous side like you stated if it has low conductive numbers. I use TTF a lot anyways, I have to for the places I hunt most of the time.

Just get worn out sometimes and there are some Soccer fields, etc around the City and I'm just looking to chasing some Gold for a change besides the Silver.

Also, what kind of Vibraprobe you have, I'm thinking about buying the waterproof PI one for Salt water, are they well made?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 580 and it works great. Very well built. You might get some cross-talk with your E-trac (or other detectors for that matter) if they get too close to one another. When I use it, I keep the detector coil as far away from the pin pointer as possible to keep that from happening.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For jewelry I really like to open up the screen. That stuff can hit anywhere. I have noticed it usually hits harder than the average can slaw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread