Has anyone hip mounted a 3030?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the OP, this is a hip mount for an Excal. As you can see the control pod and battery are located on the hip. This takes the weight off the shaft. Is that what you mean by "hip mount"?
IMG_3075.JPG

OP
OP
midalake

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The OP must be confusing an Excal with a CTX.

I am not confusing an Excal for a 3030...............I also know how to and what is a hip or shoulder mount. If a 3030 cannot be either hip or shoulder mounted...... fine........I am just not interested then.

Thanks Dave

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it can be hip mounted with enough custom mods, but, why? Having that big control head hanging on your hip (or chest) would seem to me to be in the way. If the reason is weight, use a good sling. If it's because the stock shaft isn't long enough to swing comfortably without leaning over, get a longer lower shaft........or both. It's a well balanced machine in stock form and that would get thrown off trying to hip mount it, but, it would definitely be lighter to swing the coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread