has anyone metal deteced onthe washington coast?

hick.man

Greenie
Apr 4, 2016
eastern washington
Detector(s) used
At pro, AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey all we are getting ready to take a trip to the washington coast and want to detect on the beaches, but it looks like where we were planning to stay (Kalaloch campground) is part of the olympic national park so I am wondering if anyone has done any detecting on the washington coat that might have any tips or pointers on where to go that is allowed?:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A national park ? Do they just run the campground *behind* the beach, yet not the beach itself ?

Assuming they administer the beach too: Do you want the technical answer ? Or the realistic answer ?

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey all we are getting ready to take a trip to the washington coast and want to detect on the beaches, but it looks like where we were planning to stay (Kalaloch campground) is part of the olympic national park so I am wondering if anyone has done any detecting on the washington coat that might have any tips or pointers on where to go that is allowed?:icon_scratch:

I haven't but this might help

WAC 352-32-235: Use of metal detectors in state parks.

OP
OP
H

hick.man

Greenie
Apr 4, 2016
eastern washington
Detector(s) used
At pro, AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they run it all, there is a ranger station there. so i assume the beach is part of the national park.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you are certain that the beach is administered by the "National parks", then : Do you want the technical answer, or the realistic answer ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions